Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys installing them. It comes with some big holes in the bottom of it. I am not sure if I should use them or drill and rivot in a different place. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
310 Posts
There werent any holes in the skid plate that i got, (OEM), so I drilled 2 holes at the top, and 3 on the bottom.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
If you use the large diameter rivets, you can just drill through those two holes and it will hold. If you don't trust it, then there is nothing saying you can; drill in another place to put rivets through.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
someone told me that there is a kit to install the oem skid plate, that it wasnt designed to be rivoted on. Is that true?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't know why they would make the hole so big on that thing. there is no need for that big of a rivet. I was wondering why the skid plate doen't cover the whole bulkhead. I guess it is just to protect the stering system.??

·
Registered
326 Posts
The holes on the OEM skid that I got lined right up with two holes on the bulkhead adn then for the top I drilled two holes in my belly pan.

·
Registered
394 Posts
When i put the skid plate on my old FIII the hardware kit i got with it was bolts not rivets, and i only had to drill holes in the top of the belly pan for mounting i used two holes in the bulkhead for the bottom mounting

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Doo has 2 different skid plates for the ZX chass. One is short and goes back just past the radius rods to the front of the bulkhead. In 2002 Doo offered a full length that covers the bulkhead.

Now there are 2 ways to mount and Doo has 2 different mounting kits. 1st is the standard that uses rivets, but they also have one using bolts for quick removal. The quick kit requires riveting some Duzz type fasteners behind the belly pan. But one installed, you can take the skid plate on and off.

·
Registered
221 Posts
There are holes right in the bottom of the skid plate for allowing water to drain out. They are NOT rivet holes! Should be on the deepest part of the plate in the ridges.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts