Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I copied these dry weights down right from the factory manual at my dealer:

RX-1: 557.9
RX-1 ER: 564.5
RX-1 Mountain: 587.8

300 Mile break in.  

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I still dont buy it.  Im gonna wait till i get one on a scale.

How come Hackers race RX1 is weighing in at 583lb.  The other racer  i think its ulmer racing claiming 602lb and now the yamaha shop manual is claiming 557.9.  I mean i know yamaha BS's in there commercials but i never would have thought in there manuals.

I mean come on Mighty RX-1, every 10 min you have a new weight for this sled from a confirmed source.  

Mark my words, The hand scale doesnt lie.  610LB
  Ill eat my words if its otherwise.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
if its in the manual then it must be true

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
A couple of there SUMO wreslers probably stood on the scale before they put the sled on and broke it.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
machzzzz1, Hackers sled had oil and coolant and some gas.  Yamaha's weight is dry.  Just like all of the other weights listed by the manufactutrers.  Swing by a Yamaha dealer and see it for yourself.

Now what do you have to say, your freaking MachZ is heavier than the RX-1

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I still dont belive the manual.  Yamaha is BSing.  There probably franticly trying to reduce weight by using highly developed skidoo parts.  HAHAHA.  I dont care if it is 610 lb weight is not a issue for me when buying a sled.  im just saying i had the chance to lift it and it was like grabbing your garage handle and lifting your house.

And common oils is maybe 7lb at max.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Machzzz1,
   It's good to have you back as you are a riot!!! That like lifting a house was to dam funny!!!

Caleb

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mark my words, The hand scale doesnt lie.  610LB    Ill eat my words if its otherwise.[/b][/quote]

what are you doing with a scale that goes up to 600 lbs?

Just kidding.....

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
arcticzrt600....lol i was being sarcastic

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think alot of people are really brand loyal and can't admit that Yamaha has come out with something that there brand doesn't offer. Yamaha hasen't come out with something good in along time and now that they have people don't want to accept it or believe it so they trash it and say Yamaha is lying about the weight and blah blah blah when really they don't have anything to lie about because their snowmobile industry is just a small part of the Yamaha Corporation.

thats my opinion,

·
Registered
625 Posts
Lets all remember also that ALL of the manufacturers have "lied" about the dry weights of their sleds, only in the past few years have they become more honest about their sled weights, so we wont know what to expect until someone we trust puts them on a scale.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you're correct, all of the manufacturers do lie.  Yamaha didn't this time, they simply said it would be within 5% of the SRX and it is.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Until Supertrax started weighing sleds with a full tank of gas, weights were taken with a grain of salt.

One magazine justified weighing sleds with 3 gallons of gas as evening things up because of the different sized fuel tanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ryan001 @ Aug. 09, 2002, 09:09am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think alot of people are really brand loyal and can't admit that Yamaha has come out with something that there brand doesn't offer. Yamaha hasen't come out with something good in along time and now that they have people don't want to accept it or believe it so they trash it and say Yamaha is lying about the weight and blah blah blah when really they don't have anything to lie about because their snowmobile industry is just a small part of the Yamaha Corporation.

thats my opinion,[/b][/quote]
A lot of yamaha people are brand loyal too and think this sled is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Many yamaha riding type folk ignore the fact that yamahas are very expesive to fix and generally don't complete until you start changing the pipes, jetting, clutching, etc....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts