Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you went to the new show what are you impressions compared to other shows held in Ontario in the past?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Well Kris.

I guess I get to be the first. lol

Spent the day there.
In my opinion, it was fantastic.
Had great feedback from many people all day.
Had many people from this and other forums stop by to say hi. It was great to see friends both new and old. (as in old friends not old people that happen to be friends LOL)
Everyone loved the layout with all the districts at one end of the building and you can walk down one row and get every district or club trail guide available.
Unfortunately, some districts got caught a little behind the 8 ball and didn't get their 2008 maps in time for the show but they did have plenty of 2007 maps. There were many people stopping to talk to the volunteers at the various booths to find out where they can off load, fuel up, eat, ride and be merry. It was so nice as a volunteer to get so much positive feedback from those that share our passion for our winter past time. Both about the trails and the show. It was funny to hear so many people from the GTA say that they had no idea there were so many trails so close to home for them to ride simply by going southwest or east. I never heard one complaint from one person about the show. Permits were selling well. Good display by a fair number of dealers of various snowmobile related items and great bargains to be bought. Some exhibitors stated that they were pleasantly surprised at the number of people through the door today and that they were scrambling to get more supplies for the rest of the weekend. Biggest deal of the show I saw was a Skidoo dealer selling the BV2S helmets for $250. I bought some Leather Skidoo gloves for $60 and a Skidoo Fleece Race Shirt for $55. Bought 5 DVD's for under $90 including Slednecks 10, and several other new releases. Good representation there of trailer manufacturers. Also accommodations displays. USI is there with really great deals on skis and carbides.

Had a great day. Hope everyone else does too.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to IndySKS and he said the people were quite pleased. We were there from just after 10 to 1. Spent quite a bit of time talking to the different districts. Having all the districts in 1 area is long overdue. I know in the past I've missed a map & spoken to my brother or co-workers & they would say it was by susc & such booth.

The attendence looked good as we left, but it wasn't crowded.

IMO, the size of the show was just right. No clutter & other than 1 sunglass display, I don't think there was a lot of filler. Maybe in the future, some more tourist destinations might step up to the plate.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Funny, somehow seems too early for the show, so used to it being near the end of October.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Spent the evening there with my son
It was well laid out and the OFSC area was the highlight
There was some large manufactures booths but I didn't see the factory reps or all the models that were to be there.
Spend some good time with the trailer guys
The kids activities were a little thin and not enough 120's for the little one to sit on
It wasn't only sleds as many atv's and atv accesaries were present
Not sure I would make a trip back except for the OFSC area unless they could attract alot more aftermarket guys. Great to see those vendors that did attend, but could have been lots more.
JMO

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Kris I hope you are sorry for asking :lol:

Yup FB was going to the Soo for a drive

Got to Lively and turned around and heading to Toronto at 10:30am

The wife said why not,with her working weekends(thurs/Fri Off) we never spend time together alone much.

Stopped in Parry Sound for the bathroom break and get the Mapquest directions to the show and posted the above. left PS around 12;30 or so headed south,the colors of the trees were nice as was the coolish weather.Got passed Barrie went to Mc Raunchies. Now off to the show

I do NOT know how the hell you people do it down there,but at a steady 130kmph I was getting passed like I was sitting still a few time once in TO joked around about Jane and Fynch area. Man doing 120 one sec and down to 30 up to 110 back to 50 good God no wonder you have road rage!

Best part about I do not know like those damn collectors,OOopppppss I ended up at terminal 2 at Pearson

Off we go back Ahh there is the TO Congress signs we parked in the front, Oops again wrong tradeshow walk to the side and see the Yamaha Helicopter(Phazer lol). Enter the show just before 3pm

Now my thoughts on the show,

I am from Sudbury, and have never been to a TO show so I have no bias towards the other show I am sure it is a good show

I was impressed and so was the wife,my wife is not a winter person.

We started off on the left as soon as we got in.

I like the OFAH booth, They are in the same boat as us IMO with less and less ACTIVE members, it was nioce to to younger guys manning the booth when we were there. Many OFSC member are also OFAH members.I am pretty good with the shotgun IMO only missed 4

The Lebaron booth was ok but prices were wtf

That Girl Racing and Carlisle belt booth was neat

Went passed the sled rental booths as they are nowehere near where I ride,but it was nnice to see them there none the less

Checked out the TekVest booth,nice staff,I wear XL hint hint to the wife,she actualy said I should look into them

Choko booth was ok,but I like 3/4 length and there was none I seen

Saw the RCs where kids were having fun,nephew would have loved that as he is not allowed to touch my RC sled

Altimate boots looked ok but no size 15 whats up with that???

Skidoo

Next checked out the Skidoo booths,wife was looking at all the pink stuff Doo had,on the other side UI gather the Doo factory stuff was the clothing was not for sale WTF???. This would have been a perfect time to bring lots of the new #### out to sell. But then again what do I know

Cat

next WTF $15,200 for a Cat sorry go to the States and save $$$$,the manufactures need to realize they are killing the dealers. I liked the TZ1 Jag Touring nice sled but looked too big compared to the Panther they had there(I like the ZR look better ). The 570 fan looked good in black and white with yellow accents. Looking under the hoods to me is a cluster#### but I guess in the name of progress this is what we have to deal with. The Fseries had good graphics but to me they still look FAT. And I tried to adjust the seats,all I could see is break one in -20 weather

Yamaha

Met up with Marcel member of my club talk to him a bit now off to see what Yamaha has to offer. Me being 6'5 260 you would not think I would like the Phazers but I do, I liked the Phazer GT in Black feels and looks real nice though the bar should be tilted more forward to my liking. Now the Nytro not sure if I like the looks of this sled or feel. On paper it looks great but when right next to it and sitting on it, I do not know,though a irde most likely would change my thoughts. The Vectors Black and Blue one looks wicked and I felt comfortable sitting on it. The Apex would be the same, I liked the white 40th scheme they had.

Polaris

Now for Polaris,Hello no staff,by far the worse staffing,but the sleds looks great,I like the FST Dragon( I want a 4stroke next) seating was nice as was the tilt bars. The Shift looked great and had the most attention paid to it,I guess something about black!! The RR 600 has a stumpy front end I do not like but form over function. The track on the RMKs WOW 2.25???

Now to the club/district booths

I do not want a credit card,I was ready to tell them off right there

Once passed those lil people,I was truly impressed

The Quebec and new Brunswick booths were top notch as were the hostesses,I am interested in the Gaspe and Northern NB area,mother is from there. The packages they gave are top notch!

Now to OFSC areas,

I am not familiar with district areas only the towns so bear with me

here are the ones that impressed me the most

Bruce Peninsula area(do not know the district) was the best IMO in presentation and info

Kawarthas was also good was hoping to see Nutter but I guess he will be there today

Ottawa area was also nice and helpfull when asking info

Did not know there was clubs south of London,not a place I would go but then again if I lived there I would enjoy the fact they have clubs,they had good info when asked

District 17??? Wawa,White Rive Dubie ville area very nice staff and great info when asking

District 12 MMMMM candy(I am from there) and actually one of ones that was manning the booth was from my club,so no point asking questions

Only one booth was kinda disapointing was the last on the left if you are heading to the foood lounge or the 1st to the right if the Quebec booth was last . Seems they were to busy chatting to each other than to help people with info

The speach area had the speakers too loud to sit there and listen in our opinion

It was nice to talk to jeff from Snowtrax and see Snow Goer Canada and Supertrax guys there

I was surprised no SnowTrails TV nor Snowmobiler TV, though I might have missed them

I did not like the questionnaire heading out(push button)seems they do not care if you are from north of Barrie, but might have to do with wanting new sledders and the fact the City of Toronto sponsored this show

On the way back I got to see Bass Pro Shop,wow must be in heaven,its like heaven in the middle east. I liked it, but did not like seeing young punks with bandanas check out shotguns. It just not seem right to my eyes.

and at 8pm we waited an hr for seating at the Mandarin MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

back to Parry Sound around 11pm pee break

Got to the French River and went to the bridges after midnight and slept in the car as I was too tired till almost 3am,damn I was sore sleeping in a Grand Am

Overall I would give this show a 8 out of 10

But remember I do not like crowds,so this show was perfect for me

The wife did not whine that is a plus, she actually wanted to buy Cat or Doo clothes but not much selection

The layout was great IMO especially the district booths and most of the other booths had helpfull people

I do not like driving in Toronto,hence my earlier suggestion this show should have been in Barrie

Place I would check out after the show are The Bruce,Queb/NB,WawaDubie area,Cochrane

Sleds I was interested are the Phazers/Vectors and even the FST Dragon even though no Poo staff was to be seen

It is too bad that they did not have any vintage sleds there IMO

Sorry for the long read

I was at the show between 3 and 5 something

Oh ya 350 Yamaha WOW I got a 12ft aluminium that needs a trolling motor :wow:

·
Registered
331 Posts
do NOT know how the hell you people do it down there,but at a steady 130kmph I was getting passed like I was sitting still a few time once in TO joked around about Jane and Fynch area. Man doing 120 one sec and down to 30 up to 110 back to 50 good God no wonder you have road rage![/b]

haha.. we were going 140 km/h the whole way down to toronto

and there where people passing us at.. had to be 180 km/h

·
Registered
443 Posts
i was down in t.dot today but i forgot about the show

has anyone ever been to that royal 2000 motorsports?[/b]

yea bought my sled from there

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It was a small show compared to the one at the Int'l Centre. I was happy to get my trail maps for the districts I ride, some info on Quebec, and my permit. The show was a success and now I don't have to go to the other one :)

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I do NOT know how the hell you people do it down there,but at a steady 130kmph I was getting passed like I was sitting still a few time once in TO joked around about Jane and Fynch area. Man doing 120 one sec and down to 30 up to 110 back to 50 good God no wonder you have road rage!

Best part about I do not know like those damn collectors,OOopppppss I ended up at terminal 2 at Pearson[/b]
Welcome to the "big smoke" FB, thank your lucky stars you didn't come during the week or rush hour, you would have seen some real Toronto driving. w00t
Glad to hear you made it back alive :D

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
or when you guys get snow in the air :lol:

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately, some districts got caught a little behind the 8 ball and didn't get their 2008 maps in time for the show but they did have plenty of 2007 maps.[/b]
Too bad Haliburton wouldn't update their map. They have trails marked closed that IIRC have never been opened. Also, you would think they could get more advertisers so the map wouldn't be duplicated on both sides. Or is it that way for the folks that have problems reading a map? You know the folks that might be confused if they unfolded it the wrong way & couldn't find the map side?

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
advertisers have to spend big $$$$ to be on there

it is like pulling teeth sometimes,and I do not blame them sometimes

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
If you went to the new show what are you impressions compared to other shows held in Ontario in the past?[/b]

it was nice to see sleds and sledheads together but i wont be going next year. not much to see, other than factory sleds that ive mostly seen. i like checking out custom sleds, and modded sleds. talking to the builders/owners and see what works. not much at thr OFSC show for guys like me i guess. over priced sleds, HORRIBLE sales reps at the polaris booth, and stuff u cant buy (ryde fx air shox) on display. it wasnt a far drive, plus it was a nice day. spent a couple hours with the girlfriend and kept her happy, that's the most important part right??

Jeff, i could have boxed u up all my snowmobiles movies that i dont watch anymore. lol i probably have the 5 u purchased, i think i could have done a better deal than $90. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
ya I asked the ryde FX guys questions on if they have the Air shox for other models and they were not sure

Nothing like a salesman not knowing his products

and I hope Polaris reads these forums as quite a few of us were disapointed in the reps also

Yup my wife enjoyed it and that is a plus :sarcasm:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Jeff, i could have boxed u up all my snowmobiles movies that i dont watch anymore. lol i probably have the 5 u purchased, i think i could have done a better deal than $90. :thumbsup:[/b]

LMAO, sure, now you tell me.
I don't watch them that often anymore either (who's got time) but I was in a spending mood. LOL
I did buy that Scott coat at Royal BTW.Thanks for the tip. And Shaper Bars X2. And Xi89 Goggles X2. And a box of plugs. And a track cutter. Got the 12 studs they miscounted with their spring shipment. And of course a great set of shocks from this guy I've dealt with many times now that's a great guy to do business with. What the heck was his name again? Ah that's it, RacerX408. Re-reading that, I think I've been in a spending mood for some time now. LOL

Jeff

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Size 15?? That's some big feet.[/b]
Yep, some big feet for some big guy. lol
He'd look pretty silly with size 9's under there.
That's like a 100 year old big oak tree sitting atop a sapling.

Jeff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts