Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the OFSC & OSM have severed ties, has anyone heard anything about a publication from the OFSC this winter?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In Bruce Robinson's letter in the Member's package it mentions you will receive an annual subscription to the official OFSC member magazine. I wonder if he's not referring to OSM by name or something else is coming along. If a new magazine is provided by the OFSC, I don't see OSM being around for long. I don't think they can just produce a magazine on ad sales, they'd need a subscription base as well. Not too many of us have said we'd pay for OSM if it came to that.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Kris

I noticed it last year but I don't know for how long they've had that terminology on your permit application. In the section where you sign to receive the OFSC benefits, it states the same terminology, AN OFSC MEMBER MAGAZINE.

Also OSM included in their magazine a card you had to send in that would include you on their mailing list. They claimed it was due to the Post office changing their regulations. Our part time District Office Administrator was working part time at the post office and she confirmed that there were definitely no changes to their regulations or procedures. It was done due to OSM's concern for losing their contract with the OFSC and therefore the mailing list access. By having OFSC Trail Permit buyers voluntarily add their name to their distribution list, it allows them to contact those people. I noticed that they stated it would give you a free subscription for a 2 year period. Hmmm, does that mean that if they loose the contract with the OFSC, they have you on their mailing list for the following year, and then they can contact you to say, "Hey, you want this magazine, you'll have to pay." I'm sure their advertising rates cover more than the cost of producing it. However, it's obvious that their lifestyle is an expensive one.

I buy every sled related magazine out there. I'm a sledding info junkie. LOL Would I buy OSM if I had to? Not sure. It would depend on the content after the reduction in revenue to them.

The saga continues. LOL

Jeff

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I buy every sled related magazine out there. I'm a sledding info junkie. LOL[/b]

That sounds like a lot of us :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
As I'm sure you've read already, the OFSC is in Contract negotiations with Supertrax magazine.

Maybe then ALL permit buyers will get their magazine.

Let's hope.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ONTARIO SNOWMOBILER is the only publication that reaches the entire 167,400 members of the OFSC with 5 information packed issues filled with the best and the latest in snowmobiling news and information[/b]
This was taken from their website. I wonder how they get that many OFSC members when I don't think the clubs sell that many permits in a year?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
This was taken from their website. I wonder how they get that many OFSC members when I don't think the clubs sell that many permits in a year?[/b]

LOL, You got that right Kris.

That's almost 2 magazines per buyer.
Considering they haven't been able to get at least one to each buyer, some people must be getting 5 or 6 of them.

Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's the post on supertraxmag.com...

SUPERTRAX ENTERS TALKS TO BE OFFICIAL OFSC MAG

**ANNOUNCEMENT**

With the expiry of its membership magazine contract on May 31, 2008, the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC) invited publishers to submit propositions through a detailed request for proposal process.

A number of proposals were submitted and reviewed by the OFSC with a focus on meeting current and future needs.

Supertrax Publishing's proposal has been successfully chosen to serve as the official member magazine for the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC) commencing with the 2008-2009 snowmobile season.

The proposed partnership opportunities including the exclusive for Ontario “GO Snowmobiling” theme based publication will be beneficial to snowmobilers in Ontario.

Executive Director, Paul Shaughnessy says, "I'm pleased to advise that the OFSC Board of Governors has authorized OFSC representatives to enter into contract negotiations with Supertrax Publishing Inc. to develop an agreement with the intent of launching our inaugural publication in September 2008."

Shaughnessy goes on to say, "The OFSC is extremely excited about these opportunities and we look forward to a long and lasting partnership."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts