Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

My youngest brother has just turned 12 and I am going to be helping him get his Ontario operators licence.

We were planning to have him write the test at the Toronto Show in 2 weeks but we don't know what is on the test.

Does anyone know if there is a training manual for the snowmobile operators licence and if so, where can I get one???

I have tried the OFSC website but there is no information there.

Thanks for the help

DP

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'm not too sure but I think they supply the books needed also It's a day long course so you have to be there early enough to get in. I'm putting my daughter through it (she wants to go) but we just got info from the local club here as to when and where. Didn't want to do it at the show, too soon :0:

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
DP I dont think there is a manual available. Our friend took the course from our club they put it on every fall during a few different dates. Its always on a saturday and its from 9.00am till 3:30pm. I think it costed somewhere around 20-30 CAD. I wasnt aware of being able to just write a test at the show. You have to take the course and watch vids Lots of saftey talk. Contact your club where you purchased your trail pass or Pm our resident OFSC member Indysks.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Actually there is info about the course on the OFSC web site at the top go safety>programs>driver training program :p

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
my friends do the training for our club here and there was no manual when my son took the course about 5 years ago. the test was very common sense and the trainers were basing most of the test evaluations on the capability of the child. they have only failed one child not because the kid was dumb it was the parent that kept poking his nose in it. i think that a best place for your brother to take the course and test is locally where the trainers know him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts