Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity I was surfing the OFSC web site and I noticed that district 9 has updated trail conditions (a couple days ago) .WAY TO GO these are done by vollenteers last year i don't think we saw anything untill Dec. The trails are still closed but it's nice to see some action. It's coming folks WOOHOO!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
752 Posts
Thanks for the reminder , I just updated District 5 . Unfortunatly not much I can tell you yet . Later this fall the OFSC site is going to be totaly updated and have a complete map of all the trails on it . I'm interested to see what it looks like

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Way to go Indy I was checking it out then I realized it was updated too those date numbers had me messed up. I didn't check out dist. 5 much last year because you guys didn't get any snow last year sorry. Again thanks and keep up the good work

·
Registered
799 Posts
Originally posted by Formulaman@Nov 3 2002, 10:36 AM
I didn't check out dist. 5 much last year because you guys didn't get any snow last year sorry.
Ahem; point of information;

The Southern Snowriders (District 5) were the first club to have their trails open in all of Ontario last year. They're the southern-most club in all of Canada. They had 2 feet of snow in a 24 hour period on Christmas day. They had people trailering down from as far away as Bracebridge. They had awesome riding for the next month or two.

Let's hope this year's a repeat!

Jacqui.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i went to welland that is in district 5, it was real nice and pretty neat to sled alongside of the great welland canal. there were no marked trails though.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yea thats true , I almost fell off my chair last Dec when thier president called me and asked me to open a section of their trails. I thought he had been smoking something , but he assured me that that had the snow . And people did come from all over to ride there . Why do most people think we never get snow in southwestern ontario ? We had around 4-6 inches fall on Friday , there are some serious snow belts in this area.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
indy you're right and as for friday there was atleast 4 inches of snow on my picnic table.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Indy--SSHHHH--don't tell everybody-- :D --Actually I have ridden all over and St Mary's and New Dundee have some of the best groomed trails in Ontario IMHO. :p

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya ok i forgot that I was referring to areas around Elmira, St. Clemens some of my riding buddies live there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts