Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Why are the Trail Condition Reports on the website not updated more often? You had better find new people to do it.

The people who update the trail conditions are volunteers who do this of their own generosity and on their own time. The only payment they seem to receive are complaints that they are not doing enough or that they haven't done it right."

The above quote is from the OFSC's website FAQ page. With a response like that to a question, is it any wonder some of us are fed up with their attitude. If you're going to do a job do it right! If you aren't going to update on a regular basis, don't bother at all. I didn't find this website till the season was basically over. For the last 2 seasons, I followed Trail Conditions.com for reports. I'll check out & post reports on the SW Conditions page next winter.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
We had a trail conditions section set up on SW and it didnt get used alot. I guess it was easier to post it in the general section.

·
Registered
171 Posts
while I agree that the sarcasm may be out of place it does express an unfortunate truth.  Often those who criticize the loudest are the very persons who contribute the least.  In spite of the problems that do exist, the very fact taht such an intricate trail system has been developed and is maintained by an army of volunteers is quite an impressive achievement.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll see that the trails around Apsley are rated as limited & my parents will say they were great. They don't exaggerate either. If I lived up there, I'd have no problem emailing the OFSC & reporting the conditions. Like I said in my initial post, Every Sunday or Monday night, I'd post a message saying how things were in the areas we had ridden in over the weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts