Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I just ordered my new suspension for my MXZ. Penske racing shocks (triple adjustable: 2 high and low speed compression adjustments, and 1 rebound) for the back. ($625) and FOX w/ remote resovoirs and clicker adjustments (1 compression) for the front. Those Penskes are some SICK suspension. EXPENSIVE, but I got a deal on them. CANT WAIT till they arrive!! Im thinking twice about buying that PRO X that I have at the dealer. I COULD get my original deposit back, so it would be like I never spent any money, I might just do that, my MXZ will be RIPPIN' this year!! Although, w/ the FOX suspension for the ski shocks, they will to be rebuilt quite often (probly a few times during the season) and my sled had some reliability issues last year, so I might ditch the PRO X and just keep my MXZ and maybe buy a nice 99 500 ZR or XCSP for a backup sled. It will be much cheaper then buying a new one, and that means I can get a NEW sled NEXT year, and my dad will like to have the 99.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Sounds like you are having the same trouble I had new sled or do the @@@@ out of the old one. I went with a new ride warranty is a nice backbone to have when the white stuff starts coming down. But a done up older sled would be more fun.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
i have to agree with you guys, a new sled is more reliable in most cases and you always get the new hi tech stuff but the part i hate the most is paying for it 12 months a year and only ridding 3-4 out of that ! If your mxz if paid for and you like it i would say keep it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts