Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 98 Srx 700 triple and i hear the stock suspension on the sled isnt that good. I am getting Ohlin shocks put on in a 2 weeks. will it make a big difference in the way it rides? are ohlins better than the stock suspension?

thanks

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I have the 98 Srx 700 triple and i hear the stock suspension on the sled isnt that good. I am getting Ohlin shocks put on in a 2 weeks. will it make a big difference in the way it rides? are ohlins better than the stock suspension?

thanks[/b]
yes ohlin shocks are really good shocks but the real problem with your sled is not the shocks, its the fact that the rear suspension sucks. the best thing you can do is put a m10 or polaris edge suspension under these things. know of about 5 people who have done either an m10 or edge suspension swap and it make it ride 20 time better. the ohlins up front would be a great idea though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes ohlin shocks are really good shocks but the real problem with your sled is not the shocks, its the fact that the rear suspension sucks. the best thing you can do is put a m10 or polaris edge suspension under these things. know of about 5 people who have done either an m10 or edge suspension swap and it make it ride 20 time better. the ohlins up front would be a great idea though.[/b]
im no handyman! i wouldnt be able to install it myslef! and im spending most of my money on the ohlins shocks, its pretty hard to chance suspensions right? if not how would i do it?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I would save my money and not buy the ohlins. I would upgrade the front to long tavel and new skid with a boss highrise seat and some C&A pro skis. Oh and some handlebar risers.

But thats me.

You should save your money and buy gas , oil , add food and later in life buy a newer sled with all that on it .

So for now just ride it and fix whats broken.

Enjoy!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts