Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Sno Pro that is running really lean.... The plugs are dry almost to the point of being white???? I need to know if and how you can adjust the oil ratio?? I know there is a way.... If anyone has any ideas, there all welcomed....

·
Registered
980 Posts
Why would you think this has anything to do with oil? Teh residue on the plugs has to do with fuel, not oil, unless the oiul mixture is way, way off. You read your spark plugs to see how your fuel mixture is doing, along with piston wash. You determine your oil mixture by calculation the ratio based on how much oil and fuel you used while riding. You spark plugs should be dry and a nice tan colour.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you think this has anything to do with oil? Teh residue on the plugs has to do with fuel, not oil, unless the oiul mixture is way, way off. You read your spark plugs to see how your fuel mixture is doing, along with piston wash. You determine your oil mixture by calculation the ratio based on how much oil and fuel you used while riding. You spark plugs should be dry and a nice tan colour.[/b]

There white....... basically running really really lean..... thats why i believe that the oil mixture is off.... This was my first year with the sled.... it was previously a race machine.....

·
Registered
980 Posts
There white....... basically running really really lean..... thats why i believe that the oil mixture is off.... This was my first year with the sled.... it was previously a race machine.....[/b]
What does your piston wash look like? The engine would be running lean on fuel, not on oil, with white plugs. You should look for someone who can give you good jetting specs for condiitons you ride in. What is the jetting set up you are currently running, main jets and needle position? I'm sure you are running synthetic injection oil and that can make it very difficult to read plug colour and piston wash, but the piston wash will be a much more reliable indicator of engine tune. If you are going trail ride a race sled then you better get the jetting set up properly and look into a Tempa-Flow to keep the jetting in line as air temps change. The high strung engines are generaly quite sensitive to changing conditions and require jetting changes to keep from burning down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts