Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 01 mxz 600 and im wondering if i could not fill the oil resovoir, actually not even use the oil injection thing at all, and just find the correct premix and mix the gas and oil, will that work??  and will it run better or faster??

·
Registered
172 Posts
unless it is a full-race sled where you are looking for even the smallest gain, don't bother removing the oil injection.  you are not going to gain anything not noticeable anyway. removing the oil resevoir will save you about 1 pound, all the oil maybe 2-3 pounds. 4 pounds of dead weight can be removed elsewhere.  
also, my MXZx440 has a little oil tank on it that holds oil for the waterpump bearing(i think its the waterpump bearing, i could be wrong though), i am guessing that bearing will also have to be lubricated somehow on your sled
anyway i wouldn't bother removing it, just creating a lot of extra hassle for yourself by having to mix the fuel(which has to be mixed at the proper ratio, or the sled will run worse, or even seize)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thnx for the replies, if i get an 03 MXZX 440 LC, how can i put oil injection on it, if it can be done??

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I guess you'd have to compare that motor to a Rotax twin & see if the crankcase is machined to accept the pump housing. Also, the pump will have to be driven off the crank, that's another problem.

Why not just buy a new 800 motor & stuff it in there? Leave the 440 stickers on it. The 440 & 800 motors both use the same style heads. Nobody would know the difference  

·
Registered
172 Posts
Revrnd; Chaincases have oil pumps?    haha must be a typo

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
At least I know someone out there is reading my posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts