Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just given 2 yamaha 300 enticers 1979 i think and one of them i went and changed all the fuel and oil lines,but now when i start it i do not see any oil going down the tube to the box that goes to the intake manifold,how can i tell if it is getting any oil,the cable from the throtle seems to work ok,any ideas?
thanks mike

·
Registered
253 Posts
blaisburn,

You'll need to remove the bleed screw from the pump and allow the oil to run out until it is free of air bubbles. Once you've done that, start the machine and pull the oil pump cable all the way out so the pump stroke is at its maximum (you must physically do this with your hand). Run the engine about 2000rpm for a couple minutes to bleed the oil distributor and delivery line. You should then adjust the throttle cable free play (0.5 - 1.0 mm), then adjust the oil pump cable by pulling up on the sheath and adjusting the pump cable free play to 25mm. Be sure to tighten the adjuster locknuts.

When you're bleeding the oil pump, you'll see the oil start to flow through the lines. Be sure to have a rag underneath the screw that's removed or you'll make a mess. Also, when the machines started and you're pulling up on the oil pump cable for maximum pump stroke, the machine will smoke like a chimney.

Jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts