Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all - tis the season - got our first snow here in eastern ontario - enough to drive around the yard. Fired up the T-Cat and the oil light is stuck on! The reservoir is 3/4 full. What can cause this - is it a bum sensor on top of the reservoir there, or wiring somewhere? Everytime I have had a problem, I came on SW and got all the help I needed - I am hoping someone has come across this before.

Thanks for any all help and let's get the show on the trail! And everybody remember my signature ........

Scott

·
Registered
47 Posts
i had this problem on my '00 zl 700 and my buddy had it happen on a '99 zr 600
i could get it to go off sometimes by tapping the sensor with a screwdiver.
dealer told me the sensor sometimes will stick, but it didn't affect anything so i lived with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you just pulled it out of storage,have a good look around even under the seat you may have had a mouse chewing at your wiring. Also your oil tank would need to be empty for your sensor to stick in that position.
Good luck

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you have a posistor that could also be the problem. ( If you have one, the light turns on for a few seconds when you start your sled .)

·
Registered
8 Posts
One of my friends had this problem on his '99 zr 600 efi. Bad sensor was to blame. He replaced that and never had another problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts