Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm have a problem with my 98mach1 when i got the sled it had a bunch of wires that were toasted . I replaced most of the wires Voltage regulater and some plugs. But now when the break light is on the oil light comes on and at idel the tac drops to 0 then goes back up I tried it with the oil sender unpluged and same thing .Does any body have a wire diagram ????

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't worry to much about it. My 97 mxz does the exact same thing. The oil light is supposed to come on with the brake. It's a reminder to let you know if you left the emergency brake on. As for the tack, it has something to do with the voltage at low R.P.M's. I have tried to get this fixed but the dealer told me there is nothing that can be done. Don't worry about those small problems and enjoy your ride.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
LOL. Your sled is fixed.

The oil light is also the parking break light. When ever you touch the break lever the light will come on. This is normal on all skidoos.

On some skidoos at idle the tack will bouce up and down or just drop to zero. Some will idle fine but will drop to 0 when the warmers are turned on. This is also normal. The only way to fix this is to raise the idle to about 1700 rpm but other then that your 100%.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Don't feel bad, you are not the first person to make that mistake. I remember when I would let guys ride my 670, they would get off it and say "you better put some oil in there, every time I hit the brakes, the oil light would come on. It must be really low and what is in there is going forward." I would then poke fun at them... :p

The drop in RPM is from the low output of the electrical sysytem. It is also normal, my 97 did the same thing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thanks for the info on the light when i got the sled it was the middel of may so i never saw the light on when i started it up and with all the wires that were fried i wasnt sure ( that must be why the dealer was laughing at me when i asked them about it ) :withstupid:

·
Registered
624 Posts
:doh: I did the old "Gotta start it right away!!" thing after taking it off the trailer for the first time,, Two pulls,, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... OH NO!!! No oil pressure! (Light was on) Called the dealer,,, :cussing: You guessed it,, his first question was, "Did you engage the parking brake before you started it?" :D I decided to read my owners manual before I found anything else to panic over. :sarcasm:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts