Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you you guys have tried the Blue Marble Oil yet, that's available at nulubes.com?  A friend of mine swears by it.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
OK, just for the record, Factory Oils do not know best.

Not that there is anything wrong with factory oil, but you can get much better.  You just pay for it.

Amsoil gets my vote, but not necessarily that its the best either, just because its better than factory, reasonable price, and most of all, easy to find.

FishHog

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Arctic Cat is not going to sell a second rate oil ...... they are the ones who have to pay for the burn downs so I would assume that that the oil far exceeds what is reqired.....and if you feel the need to over kill on additives you dont need then that is you choice.......I use synthetic APV oil and pay around the same as torco and similar knock off brands.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I never said second rate.  Infact, I said there is nothing wrong with it.

Don't worry about using it, it won't be the cause of a burn down, but it will also produce more ash, won't provide as much protection if something like you oil pump goes on the fritz, might not smell as nice, won't give you as much top end as some synthetics, etc, etc.  And it will definitely get you through your warrenty period.

But not second rate, I was just saying you can pay for better if you want or feel the need.  And in fact, I pay about the same for Amsoil as I did for AC oil.

FishHog

·
Registered
376 Posts
oem oils are a waist of money, way overpriced.  If your gonna spend that much money you might as well buy amsoil.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I've heard a Bombardier rep say that amsoil is the best. X team uses it a lot apparently.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The best, bar none, is Synthetic... It really depends on how much coin you have in your pockets...

as far as non Synthetic oils, as long as they have the SAE standards test stamp of approval, an oil is an oil is an oil...probably also all made at the same refinery, with a differnet brand name...

·
Registered
362 Posts
amsoil......

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I'm switching over to co-op synthetic. My brother in law says its the only (?)
synthetic that it not only meets but exceedes manufactures specs and it costs the same as the Shell low smoke oil I use now.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Amsoil all the way. Become a preffered customer or dealer. You will save the fee on the first case.  A 4L jug for $22 can.
We compared plugs running on bombi reg for 1400kliks compared to plugs that were running with amsoil for 2200kliks and the difference was night and day. The amsoil plugs looked so clean. the bombi plugs were very dirty with chunks of residue.  It was enough for the guy to wanna switch. Basically it works out to a better product for less denero's.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Co-op makes a synthetic oil? That's a new one. Bombardier gets their oil from Castrol. Just look at the jugs. I have also seen the 45 gallon drums at the dealer with a Bombi P.N. on stamped Castrol.

I use Amsoil mostly and if I have to Ski-doo synthetic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts