Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully a simple question but not too stupid:
1998 mxz 583, the oil pump alignment mark, Should these marks align with the throttle in the closed position, or should should the marks align after a slight opening of the throttle but before the slides open. Would it make a difference in the amount of oil pumped in either option?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Hopefully a simple question but not too stupid:
1998 mxz 583, the oil pump alignment mark, Should these marks align with the throttle in the closed position, or should should the marks align after a slight opening of the throttle but before the slides open. Would it make a difference in the amount of oil pumped in either option?

Thanks[/b]
The MXz 670 oil pump is an N9 model (zero oil at idle) the adjustment is as attached:
[attachment=33363:eek:ilpump.doc]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
All Mikuni oil pumps look pretty much the same . Differences are in the lever length, inlet orientation, drive speed (gear size) and discharge orifice.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks
I will take the free play so the marks align with the throttle closed, I recently went on a trip and noticed that I use a little more oil that normal. Your statement about no oil at Idle still is confusing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts