Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wifes 02 800 mxz has been going through alot of oil so i was going to turn the pump down but i noticed it was sticking quite bad. any other of you guys notice the pump sticking?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
My sled was using 1 gallon of oil every 150 miles when I first got it (2001 800MXZ). I took it to the dealer, and they turned it down, but it was sticking on me when I got it home. I fitted a small spring from a Remote Controll car to remedy. Your local hardware will have a large selection also. I tried several, and ended up with the RC car one becasue it was the "softest". I could hardly tell it was on there.

I put it over the cable. It pushes on the arm and on the adjuster. I feel this is a band aid fix, but the only one that would fix the problem. I have ran like this for over 2500 miles, and the mileage is now approx 350-400 a gallon, or about 100 miles a quart.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I was going to ask the same question here,as mine is doing the same thing, and I was told then do this if its not running. Has anyone tried starting it and seeing if it sticks?? Mine still sticks even when running, tried it.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
if your not fouling plugs or burning really excessive amounts of oil ,I would not worry about it.more oil is better than less my 00 700 sticks a lil but I really dont care I never leave it at idle long while riding it  
JMO

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
This is why i love this site.I checked my oil pump and it's hanging up a bit as well(thought the smoke at idle was alot even for a mild day).No signs of the fixed half of the secondary coming off yet
,but with all the ones i've heard of flying off i'm getting a little nervous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts