Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
I know what you mean :bash: I found a oil call Torco synthetic blend for about $25 Gallon. I started running it in my water sled but I have not been using it long. Not sure on how good it is.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
what the hell you doing buy Poalris Synthetic for a Indy trail???

ya I know its a blend

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are going to run Polaris, it's the only thing that makes sense. They don't make anything cheaper than Polaris Blue. I use the Citgo oil made for fan cooled and captive liquid system engines which also happens to be a blend. I think it costs me around $19 / gal after air freight.

The Alaska Commercial Company, based in Winnipeg, really has their screws in us. Look at the price for one quart of Yamaha four stroke, yep $8.39... and that's US$. But at least they bring in carrots and other nice stuff. 3# carrots: $11.99. Yeah!

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
amsoil is better and cheaper, JMHO.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
i only pay $28.99 plus 10% off for ski-doo xps blend oil thats what you get for not going with a ski-doo[/b]
Thats a darn shame that we consider $28.99 a deal for a gallon of oil. No matter what the formula or the brand we got to remember that its is still only a gallon of oil that we are talking about :crazy: .
The oil manufacturors know we will pay it too, as we are the same ones who spend $10000 on a machine that we can only use 2-3 months a year :wink:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The local store - yep, there's just one- does not sell 'Doo oil nor do they deal in 'Doo machines. (Kind of ironic considering the Canadian connections AC Co has.) However, when I've seen 'Doo oil in other stores in the region, it was all over $40 when the Pol Blue was still "only" $28 or so - which is what it was a year ago.

The oil market, or I should say the dealers, went nuts with their mark-ups after the US Postal Service stopped allowing the shipment of oil in factory packaging.

·
Registered
980 Posts
The local store - yep, there's just one- does not sell 'Doo oil nor do they deal in 'Doo machines. (Kind of ironic considering the Canadian connections AC Co has.) However, when I've seen 'Doo oil in other stores in the region, it was all over $40 when the Pol Blue was still "only" $28 or so - which is what it was a year ago.

The oil market, or I should say the dealers, went nuts with their mark-ups after the US Postal Service stopped allowing the shipment of oil in factory packaging.[/b]
Sounds like freight costs are making those prices nuts.

·
4,440 Posts
there is an amsoil distribution center in Palmer. open tues -sat 9am-5:30pm ,closed sunday, monday and statutory holidays. can ship to you if needed.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Larry’s in Orangeville will fill up your jugs for $15 flat if you buy them from him the first time, mind you that is the reg doo Oil not synthetic. I don’t know if he still does that but you cant beat the price.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Just bought a case of Amsoil Interceptor, that's 4 gals for 106 shipped to my door.
Didn't think that was bad at all, when the local dealer has it for 36 ea.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Just another reason to own a Yamaha.............

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yamaha?

Check the photo on the right for what they gouge you for that stuff - 4 stroke even!

But it's true, you won't go through as much in a season as we do, I'm sure.

·
4,440 Posts
Yamaha?

Check the photo on the right for what they gouge you for that stuff - 4 stroke even!

But it's true, you won't go through as much in a season as we do, I'm sure.[/b]
I can get you prices for it , amsoil, by the barrel. :whistling:

·
4,440 Posts
Get a quote on freight too - barge or air only- or it doesn't matter. We ride or boat. There are no roads.[/b]
to where?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Legend Performance.com best in the industry! Go to the web site and check out the testimonials. SuperTraxx runs it in their fleet......Competitively priced, but definately superior than anything else on the market. After you try the rest, use the best!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts