Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got a new sled 800 summit.

Anyways, I'm curious what kind of oil I should use with it. There is a lot of information out there about oil and everyone say there stuff is the greatest but which really is?

How does on go about camparing oils?

My main concerns are maximum engine life.
Keeping gunk to a minimum inside the motor.
Cost.
Smoke.

I live in Seattle so I do all mountain riding which means the ol' throttle is either pinned or I'm going slow as hell through the trees.

Anyways any inof on helping me choose a high qaulity oil would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
MC-2STROKE :devil:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
AMSOIL.

Its as good as any of the synthetics, better than any dino oil. Fairly available, and quite affordable.

FishHog

·
Registered
310 Posts
Im with Fishhog. AMSOIL is probably the best oil out there, its very inexpensive, and it doesnt gum up like the other oils. GO AMSOIL!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would agree. AMSOIL synthetic, but not the series 2000 racing oil. I just bought a gallon for $14 (US). Just about any dealer should have it, otherwise go to Amsoil's website and do a search for the nearest dealer. You can also become an Amsoil dealer for a small fee.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Jiddru..
Just wondering why you would say not use the Series 2000? A good friend of mine is a mechanic for Team Amsoil/Sheuring Speed Sports Snocross and he recommended the Series 2000 for my Formula Z 583.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Fizzer,

Amsoil does not recommend it unless you are racing or using in the severest conditions, they claim you are wasting your money putting series 2000 in a trail sled.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi Ski-Doo men!

i used standard Polaris oil and i have 24,500 milles on my original mach-Z engine!!

Z36Qc! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts