Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming I'm going with a flatbed trailer and an enclosure instead of an actual enclosed trailer, who has experience with the enclosures.  So far I am considering a Floe trailer with the Floe or Bearcat encl.  Here's what I've found....
* Floe has been criticized for their small latches and locks for
   the front and back doors
* Saw a B-cat encl. this week and its brackets invade the
   deck space by about 4 inches in each corner, thus taking
   up precious ski space in the front corners...is this the only
   way they mount?
* Seem to be similar in price
* Like the way the Floe opens at both ends vs. tilting the    
   whole B-cat encl. to get sleds on/off.
Any personal experiences would be greatly appreciated...it's hard to shop these things when I live near St Louis.  

Then again, that enclosed in-line 3-place trailer looks pretty sweet too.....

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Thats one heck of a drive from St. Louis to St.Germain.Thats gotta be a 12 hour haul.No wonder why you want an enclosure.My buddy got a Protektor enclosure and it is very H.D. Floe is a very good choice.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anywhere from 9.5 to 12 hrs, depending on how many people go and the weather.  Took us 12hrs to get there last Saturday because we drove through that storm, but only 10 hrs to get back.  Have been doing this since early 80's, so you could say we're serious about our sledding.

I thought the Protektor was made by FLOE!?!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
jim fritch,
 i think i am sold for my situation on the toy carriers. have a look at  toycarrier.com

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forget Paul, do you already have them?  They look OK for a two place trailer, but you can't put one in front of another, can you?  I will always have at least a 3-place trailer.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
jim fritch,
 no i don't have them but on the way, your question about the one in front of another is one i can't answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts