Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I 'm swapping a SC10-III into my sled(00 MXZ700) in place of the II in there now, and that looks like a bolt in deal, as far as I can tell. I'm putting the II out of mine into the wifes99 440 MXZ Fan. It has an SC10. One problem I see, is the back bolts for the cross shaft, are above(just above) the running boards on hers, but on , say a 670 HO s series, there are in a bracket just below, say the same as mine is now. So do you HAVE to add the brackets? and drop it(and I guess would raise the sled too) , or can I use the existing holes? Looks like maybe the wheels on that back crossshaft are smaller on the straight SC10 too, may have to use those instead of the ones on the II. I'm putting this in hers strictly for better stutter bump ride than anything else, so no huge jumping involved , if that effects where the back shaft is located.I hate to start drilling/modifying the tunnel, as I can't think this would help the resale value any.Any info or pics would be app. I'm sure I can figure this out, but I just thought if someone has done this, I could save some time and hassle. Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
id just throw it in there to check whether or not it fits, and if it fits and has proper clearance i would leave it in the stock holes

·
Registered
42 Posts
I cant help you with you questions about the swap ,but was wondering how much you paid for your sc10 3 ?And where did you get it if you dont mind.good luck with the swapps personally i dont think you will have any problems.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it from a place up by Timmins, $600 Canadian. Was SUPPOSED to have the VR shocks but it doesn't so I'm going to drop them a call tomorrow and see what they say

1 - 4 of 4 Posts