Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:  
Just asking what is oldest sled you ever owned or rember?
I owned and road and raced a Polaris ranger 9 mph top speed

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
1975 Yamaha stx 340.........
     1976 Arctic Cat Z 440
     1977 Arctic Cat Z 340

I was forced to sell the two Cats after dad had given them to me due to space concerns but am now on the hunt to get the 76 440 Z back. I grew up on that machine

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i think this topic will get moved to the vintage.

the first sled for me that i owned all by myself was a 1972 yamaha gp 292.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I had a chance to ride a 69 snowjet 250 ,71 nordic 399 , 74 olympic340, 75 olympic 340 and a skiwhiz which i don't know the date and which we transplanted the snowjet engine in. we also had part of a motoski which was turned into a motowheel for summer  

·
Registered
151 Posts
My first and oldest sled i owned was a 1973 silver bullit TNT 294 that was my favorite machine i have ever owned. Till i got my new MXZ and dumped that one.
  Ive riden an old olympiq i think the year was somewhere in the 60s

·
Registered
278 Posts
First sled I owned was a 71 Elan.  Saved all my paper route money for it.  First sled I rode was a 67 Silverline T-Bird that my dad bought just after the great blizzard of 67.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
tnts4me,
 that is neat saving up your paper route money for the ultimate thrill of your life. in canada i think the kids that had a paper route and wanted a sled had to sell drugs too. LOL  

·
Registered
278 Posts
It took me almost 2 years of saving and got a good price at that time on the sled.  MSRP for it was $595 and the dealer let me have it for $520.  $75 was alot of coin back then especially 14 year old.  I wonder if me coming into his showroom daily had something to do with it?  But than again it was on my route so had to pass it.  Out of all the sleds I have had.  I have to say the Elan was probably the one I had the most fun with.  Saved up and bought a tach, speedo and snow flap for it.  I was putting almost 3k it a year.  Ran like a top.  The only probelm I had with it was the fuel inlet on top of the gas tank was plastic and Doo had a problem with them plugging up.  Put a metal one on and that solved it.  Only other thing was the gas cap rubbed again the hood and started a spider crack.  I grinded the cap some so that the part I grinded faced forward and solved that one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Dad brought home our first sled in a snow storm, 1965 Sno-Cruiser. OMC manufactured I believe. Wasn't much at 16 horse but fancy for the time.
:)

·
Registered
384 Posts
hey paul,my first sled was a yammi 292 also.........my next sled was a gpx 433,had to learn how to ride all over again lol!!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
'67 ski-doo super olympic

·
Registered
516 Posts
Mine was a suzuki 292 nomad i still have it. i tell ya i beat on that sled soooo much through the years and ya know that one lunger just won't die still moves and runs. haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts