Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does this motor (E338) require NGK BR9EV spark plugs?  I called 2 dealers and my manual all said BR9EV.  These plugs are $4.50 a piece!!  Something to do with a gold electrode I think.  When I talked to Hauk and asked him if I could use BR9ES with the standard electrode he said "NO", he didn't know why but he said I have to use BR9EV plugs.  I don't understand why.  I hope I don't foul a lot of these plugs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
:) i bought a enticer 340 delux 1979 and it has br9es plugs in it i dont have a manual and this is my first snowmobile but i have ran it 90 miles so far and no problems with the plugs or starting

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a 87 340 and never used anything special. I bored it .040 over cut the
head also had to cut the intake skirt .080 to get enough fuel into it, ran like
a raped ape.

JEMMS

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dude, I feel your pain, these plugs are way to expensive, i have an78 ex340B which calls for the BR9EV, the closest i could find were B9EV($17.95 CND for 2), i put the BR9ES($7 and change CND for 2) in mine as well, haven't run it hard yet, but i'll let you know tommorrow, how they work out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You should reconsider using the br9ev plug in that sled. Unless you like replacing other parts on it the plugs are quite a bit cheaper than finding other ignition parts. The EV runs much better in the 340 and 440 cc engines of that era anyway.

For the record both the 77 340cc and the 79 440cc Exciters my family had used the EV's and had no problems. Maybe a new pair a year but that is cheap compaied to a new CDI.

·
10,054 Posts
I used to own a 79 enticer and I always ran the br9es in it,,,,I did not buy it new so I did not have a manual to know any better,,,,, I would say we put about 1000 mile on that machine (hard to tell for sure, no odometer/speedo/tach),,,,,but it never missed a beat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts