Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out for my first ride of the season.
going along around 50mph. and the thing just died.
when I pulled the plugs and put my thumb over each hole and turned the primary clutch by hand to check the compression there was little or none on the mag. side.
I know this is not a good thing but what could it be?.
crank, connecting rod or something else. any ideas.

thanks, Gary

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Check the top of the piston for a hole.  I hope it is minor, and didn't get the cylinder also.  It's gets expensive with the cylinder issue.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hey mtrsprt, what do ya do with that 91 Mustang, Drag racing? Autocross? Road race? sounds  like fun what ever its used for,  Nice to have FAST summer vehicles and winter sleds

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Yep,  some strip action about 4-6 times a season, but mostly daily driven to and from work.   Still get 17mpg AVG.

Gotta love forced induction!!!

I see you have a blown lightning. God, would I love one of those too!!!    I heard they are hard for traction on the street. I'm sure!   380hp in a F-150 HAHAHAHAHA Gotta love THAT too!!!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it was the piston and cylinder the dealer figures that the ring broke. but may know more after the computer diognostics check.
there goes $1000 of hard earned cash

·
Registered
308 Posts
  Sorry to hear about your sled. does make me glad I did not buy the 580 leftover and bought the 550 instead.  hope that is a good motor.  

1 - 9 of 9 Posts