Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man Dies After Fiery Summer Snowmobile Stunt
Wed Aug 7,12:51 PM ET

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) - A Canadian man who tried to drive his snowmobile through a ball of flames during a drunken summer party has died of his injuries, police said on Tuesday.

Josh Chapman was severely burned in the July 20 incident in Squamish, British Columbia.

Witnesses told police the 23-year-old from Whistler, British Columbia, near Vancouver, rode the snowmobile in a "wheelie" down a paved public street and attempt to drive it through a gasoline fire at the end of the run.

Local media reported Chapman's stunt was also being recorded for use in a video of extreme sports events.

Chapman had been hospitalized in critical condition since attempting the stunt and died on Monday. No criminal charges have been filed, but the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said the incident was still under investigation.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Why??? Why put your whole life in danger, for a little bit of glory??? crazy people...

A

·
0 Posts
Do you think we could figure out what the sled was if we saw the charred remains?  Oh, I'm sorry, did I say that out loud?

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I think this only goes to prove why its called a SNOWmobile and not a FIREmobile. Although being a firefighter myself... the day that Arctic Cat opens there new division "he1l Cat" I will be waiting in line for a new Firemobile.... and we can finally put the name Firecat to proper use.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Unfortunately, as long as people pay to watch stunts (and who doesn't), people will continue to get hurt.

But if there wasn't the danger factor, it wouldn't be much of a stunt.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Obviously with no preparation (no firesuit or safety crew) this wasn't a stunt. I think in all the years that Evel Knievel was doing stunts, he had emergency workers on hand in case something went wrong. And as we know he did have his mishaps.

I guess when you're 23, you consider yourself 10' tall & bulletproof.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts