Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think as long as the server is off for such a long period it make no sense to try to find other riders, because the most riders are behind a firewall or router and are not able to host a game or even don't know how to set up the firewall or router to do so.
It's nice to host a game, race alone and try to beat CoR's labtimes :undercover: , but I think the online competition with other players is much more fun w00t .
We have to have a fast online view to be informed, if another rider are online (such a tool as in clusterball.com exist) without starting the game to look for other players.
Trying to get in contact with other players via the board is boring and not effective.
Also as CoR ask in the x-teamracing.net Forum, how it is with a track editor or extra tracks, would be nice to know.
Probably it would be nice to tell the community, whats going on. :lmao:

Thanks

messmic

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
if anyone is having problems they just need to ask either here or at the xteam website. plenty of people to lend a helping hand. I suffereed for ever getting mine set up and can know crash into trees with the best of them.

Whenever I am online to practice a course I either go to the SW link or host my own game so that everyone knows I am there and I always check to see if anyone is in. If you want to race send some PM's out to the members in the users thread I started and try to get them to come out of hiding. A lot of people show up when they know there is going to be some races.

An online users list somehow would be a great asset though to the game. If we could log on and see everyone else that is in there we might see more races taking place.

Next week anytime after 8:30 eastern or so if you want to race send me a PM or check to see if I am practicing. I am a bachelor for the week and will be having Pizza, Beers and some xteam.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably its simply hard to find someone in european timezone to play, because the most racers are located in Canada. For that its very hard to attend a race during 6-10 pm canadian time, because its already after midnight in europe :(
It would be nice to have a official list of all skidoo members with country located and email to go in contact with each other (for them, want to named in such a list). :!:
Also it would be nice to start a league as it is planed, but you have to schedule at least one :confused: I can imagin, when a official timeplan is there to race, more racers will show up
At least, I think it is much more to do to make this game more attractive for a bigger community and to be alive over a longer periode as with daydream

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a feeling the Resolution Inter. was paid to update this game and release it as "promotion" for Bombardier and will not see any improvements (editors, tracks, ...), unless Bombardier comes up with more money ( I could be wrong). I would like to see them release the "Dedicated server.exe" file, so that others can host (while not playing).

My diamond slope record is my favorite (1:23.27), don't touch that one :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can be right on that. The activaties, that Res. Int. spend on that game let me think in the same way.
It would be a shame :(
I hope it isn't so, and RI will do the next steps forward.
An official statement would be great, which schedule they have or something, so that they become again reliable.

I don't know, how you get this time in dimond slope, I had try it hard :) (where are the 11 seconds :eek:hmy: )
But try to beat homestead hill or summit falls :cool:

messmic

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know, how you get this time in dimond slope, I had try it hard :) (where are the 11 seconds :eek:hmy: )
But try to beat homestead hill or summit falls :cool:

messmic
[/b]
One of the European players showed me the fast line up the hill, I put a replay of the record lap (1:23:48) :hallo1: here > http://www.xrl.chcinc.ca/ (unzip the file and place it in your "saved game" dir.)
Your Homestead record could stand for a while :dazed:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of the European players showed me the fast line up the hill, I put a replay of the record lap (1:23:48) :hallo1: here > http://www.xrl.chcinc.ca/ (unzip the file and place it in your "saved game" dir.)
Your Homestead record could stand for a while :dazed:
[/b]
Thanks for the tip. I'm close, but its hard to beat :sly:
How do you separate the record lab and save it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I'm close, but its hard to beat :sly:
How do you separate the record lab and save it?
[/b]

You can't, you have to save the entire race. As far as I kow, there is not way to split up a "saved race". The single lap record was done in a 1 lap race. I ran it to show the " fast lines" and actually set the record on the first try!! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi CorB,

I think I know, from which rider you get the fast track on diamond slope. :p It looks like Micha11 is back on the slope :)
He makes some WR in one day, thats really great :D
Looks like a challange to beat this times. :sly:

messmic

·
Registered
20 Posts
He just lower it again, in a race with me, 1:18:81 :cussing: :D

I did do a PB of 1:21:79 :)

+He said he should be there for the BIG race

·
Registered
5 Posts
He just lower it again, in a race with me, 1:18:81 :cussing: :D

I did do a PB of 1:21:79 :)

+He said he should be there for the BIG race
[/b]

Yes i`ll be there for the BIG one ;). And btw my PB in Diamond is 1.14.98 so a bit more practise and i will cut the WR more... :hallo1: ... i hope :blush:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes i`ll be there for the BIG one ;). And btw my PB in Diamond is 1.14.98 so a bit more practise and i will cut the WR more... :hallo1: ... i hope :blush:
[/b]

1:14:98! :bash: :cussing: :eek:hmy: :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts