Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for cross country races in Ontario, preferably central Ont.  I think it would be a blast to go all out on a closed course without worrying about oncomming traffic!!  Anyone know of such an event??

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
There is nothing like this in southern Ontario (too built up), just the CSRA  SX races. You might want to check to see if the Nordcan 250 is still being run in Hearst. As far as I know that's the only XC race in Ontario.

There might be some out in NW Ontario run by the Can-Am association.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
ZRT800 that would be great to have a 100-200 mile run what you brung all out croo-country race, winner take all!!
On the river here were I live,  there  has been a few informal races up the river, it's 8 miles long with tight turns and lot of flat long straight's, It cost you $200 to race winner take all. It was a few years ago that these dash for cash races were run. there  were 10-12 sled each time. There were stocker's and mod sleds, but twice the race was won by a stock 650 indy. The key was to know the river like the back of your hand and not blow up or crash.
And no I don't know of any cross county races in central Ontario.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never rode the canal, but heard you gotta know where you're going because of all the rinks with hard snow banks.  BTW, I'm just south of you, in King City.

There's gotta be something.  I've asked on a couple other sites.  We'll see what happens.  Might have to start our own !  

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
ZRT800. you live in King City and you have never run the river??
The skating rings are on the river between Bradford and the 400.  From Bradford to Lake Simcoe is a great run, it's from the fork in the river to Holland Landing the the corners are real tight theres probaly 15-20 turns in 2-3 miles, this is the part of the river that seperates the men from the boys!
There is way to much traffic on the river now, you realy have to carefull. Once you get to the lake you can pick up trails that go to Barrie and Orilla Wasaga beach, you name it! Or stay on the lake. There are radar runs every Sat and Sunday at Big Bay Point. Do you no were that is?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know where Big Bay Point is.  I've never rode on Simcoe.  I ride around Barrie & Midland until Geo. Bay freezes, then I spend the rest of the Winter in Honey Harbour.  I'm not a big fan of hauling the sled around every weekend.  So I keep it at the cottage.  That's why I haven't done much riding down here.  

I'll keep you guys posted if I find out anymore info on XC races.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On another board (the one that owns 3 different magazines) the front page has news of a comeback of cross country racing in the States & Manitoba.  Starting this Winter & hosting 7 races.  Maybe this is the start of a resurgence in the sport?!?!  Hopefully.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts