Snowmobile World banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and gals living in Ontario, can you please point me in the right direction regarding good affordable insurance.
As we all now know MASS ins. sucks!!!
I need Insurance ASAP as the F7 is in the garage without any!!!

Thanks in advance, and I will contact all insurace companies that are recomended here in Ontario
SWRules

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Check w/ Liberty Mutual. I have my '01 MXZ 600 there & the rest of my stuff w/ them. My premium this past May was the same as last year.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
From personal/recent experience I would not use Liberty Mutual. They left me totally out in the cold when I was badly injured (by no fault of my own) three years ago (and have yet to pay). I had my sled and one of my vehicles with them (good prices) but have since switched my sled and wifes truck back onto my policy with Economical Mutual. Their prices are slightly higher but I've never had a problem when dealing with a claim. I had only gone over to Liberty for their prices.
I would bet to secure sled insurance you will have to switch over your vehicles and possibley your home to who ever you go with. I would contact a couple of different brokers and have them shop around for you.
I'm paying just over $500/yr for full coverage on my 02 ZR-8cce.
Rick.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I was only going on the fact that my rates didn't increase this year.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I am at Cooperators

They were a lot cheaper then most

Fire and theft somewhere near $200

But I have my apt,car insurance there too

The other companies wanted $500+ :cussing:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Originally posted by ZR Sled Head@Oct 20 2002, 08:02 PM
olicy with Economical Mutual. Their prices are slightly higher but I've never had a problem when dealing with a claim.
These guys are GREAT , have had a claim or 2 over the years(not sled stuff), and they are VERY good to deal with,never a problem with them paying. I'm a tech. at a auto dealer , and man the horror stories I see when trying to get something from some companies.........forsure don't shop by price alone, go by what people say who have had a claim, thats when you REALLY see what a company is like

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Revrnd,
By the sounds of it your very fortunate to have a stable rate.
Keep your fingers crossed that it continues.
Rick.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
ZR, I'm hoping too. W/ the house breakin, I'm not sure how it would look if I was shopping around.

I wasn't to happy how Liberty dragged their feet when dealing w/ the claim. I put the claim in Jan.1 & got the final cheque July 15. Boy was that quick :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Sounds all too familiar for my liking. They sure cash your premium cheques in a hurry, too bad they don't pay out at the same speed.
I better not get started......it won't be a pretty sight.
:hallo9:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still looking, Will up date on Thursday as to my findings

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I was with economical when my last machine was stolen.I had a
cheque within 10 business days :) I found there customer service to
be excellent,my only problem with them was that after i bought my
mxz800 2 weeks later they decided not to insure anything bigger
than 700cc.So i had to move both trucks,one car,two sleds plus my
house to someone else ???

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I've got my ins. with Direct Protect they may not be the cheapest but they were cheaper than my company, at the time, so I switched they are based in Missisauga you get a quote and a policy set up over the phone 1-800-810-4990 they wouldn't take my wife's motorcycle this year because she just got her lic. but they got everything else except the house they told me right out that they couldn't compete 'cause they weren't local(on the house) :D

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
chubby,
my wife found savings today on our cars and sleds totalling $1900.00 at thames insurance in brantford and the girl she spoke to is carol logan, she is a babe too i've seen her around.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I thought it was strange too zr sled head ??? A few weeks after i
got it they said it was to expensive and they no longer were insuring
700cc+ :( Oh well i ended up saving around $800 by shopping for a
new company :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quick update!
Stay as far away from the a##holes at TD Insurance, Not only are there staff as stunded as a deer in the headlights of a car, They also think that $1478.00 is a reasonable amont to insure my F7, Oh ya another $1478.00 for my ZR800EFI.
I think I was nice enough when I said that was F###ing way out of line before I hung up on them.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks D, I'm still looking, Not sure about the person I talked to, she sounded new to the bussiness and had the IQ of a squirll.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts