Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm updating my list of Ontario motels. Right now I have just over a thousand businesses listed. If you have any tips, either good or bad about any particular places let me know. Also, any riders from Minnesota or Wisconsin that have ridden in Ontario west of Thunder Bay or east of Kenora, please fill me in. I don't have much info for that area.

Finally, if you'd like me to send you a copy of the list, send me a email @ [email protected]

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
The Lillabelle Lake Lodge in Cochrane, 1-866-550-5680,( also has fly-in fishing in the off snowmobile season. Billy is the owner.)

·
Registered
858 Posts
I've been to Rolly's motel in Ramore (between North bay and Timmins) and It was OK. Not sure how close to the trails cause I was there during spring.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AC: You can see Rolly's from the trail where it crosses highway #11. The trail is to the north of the motel.

When I'm rating the motels, I'm a little more generous than I would be for use in the summer.

My ratings:

Excellent- Top notch place you would stay at any time of the year. Clean rooms with no need for repairs or painting.

Good - A decent place for year round use. May need a bit of TLC.

Fair - Needs some work, painting or cleaning. You really wouldn't stay there in the summer months. But make do when you're in Armpit, Ontario & there aren't any other rooms in town. At least it will be warm & dry.

Poor - Crane Lake House  
I guess I should add it to the list & just put Not Recommended.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Don't forget Paul's house.
His mom cooks a mean breakfast, and always welcomes snowmobilers with open arms. :D

·
Registered
799 Posts
We've stayed at the Strathroy Motor Inn. Close to trails, good-sized parking lot right outside your room, clean recently remodeled rooms, reasonable rates. Would definitely stay there again. In fact, in looking at your rating schedule I'd say this one is Excellent.

Strathroy Motor Inn
28540 Centre Road
RR#5, Hwy. 81
Strathroy, On N7G 3H6
519-245-4480

Jacqui.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i'm pretty sure that is revrnds picture up above the stage at crane lake house. ???

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it's time for me to update my Ontario motel list. If you stayed @ a motel in Ontario that is a possible sledding destination let me know.

Also, if you are familiar w/ my list & know of any places that have closed or changed names, please post here & I'll straighten things out.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Great work on the list Kris, I use it all the time, please continue the great work. .....

Torbay in North Bay is one of my favorite places to stay. Martin and Terrol are great people, sledder friendly and quite helpfull.

Although they don't have a restaurant on site, the "rooms" are all mini cottages so you can prep your own meals or order in something.

If not rated "ex" at least a "g"

Michael

While on the topic, I think this topic, or your list, should be pinned somewhere easily accessible.

Michael

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe what I can do before the season starts is pin a topic in each state/province forum. I've had a few sledders ask about Quebec info, but I can't help them.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Rev from what i have heard the NL will not be open this winter, don't know if things have changed since. Looks like we will be staying in D-Ville this winter instead.

Perm

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Originally posted by FishHog@Nov 26 2002, 08:38 AM
Don't forget Paul's house.
His mom cooks a mean breakfast, and always welcomes snowmobilers with open arms. :D
[snapback]78779[/snapback]​
AND REMEMBER=EVERYONE GETS A FREE PINK CAPE BEFORE THEY HIT THE TRAIL :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Corey's put my motel & resort listing online. I can't thank him enough for the job he did in the amount of time he had. If you want to check it out here's the link:
Click here He made a few suggestions that will help sledders plan their trips in Ontario.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Great Job guys .... that's really well done! Cudo's!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I didn't see the Sportsman Lodge on the list?

Name: Sportsman Lodge
Email: [email protected]
Major trails by Lodge: located at the intersection of Trails C105 and C206D

Hope this helps!

RJM

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's listed under "KUKAGAMI LAKE".

1 - 20 of 30 Posts