Snowmobile World banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Scott, did you add the 3 updated files that I've posted?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Reved,
I recently updated my Mapsource (ver. 6.14.1). Prior to that, I had to totally reinstall Mapsource and all datum, and later, REVED102. When I attempt to launch Mapsource after the REVED102 install, I get this error:

There is a problem with the Product REVED102 installation.
Please re-install Product REVED102 and start Mapsource again.

I did uninstall and re-install REVED102 but, to no benefit. Have you run into this issue or heard of it?

Regards,

Andrew

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey Reved,
I recently updated my Mapsource (ver. 6.14.1). Prior to that, I had to totally reinstall Mapsource and all datum, and later, REVED102. When I attempt to launch Mapsource after the REVED102 install, I get this error:

There is a problem with the Product REVED102 installation.
Please re-install Product REVED102 and start Mapsource again.

I did uninstall and re-install REVED102 but, to no benefit. Have you run into this issue or heard of it?

Regards,

Andrew
I Upgraded to 6.1.4 a couple of weeks ago and was forced to uninstall all the maps (Topo, MetroGuide...). It seems Garmin has made changes to ther progam. I need to see what has to b modified.

I just tried installing my 104 version into Mapsource 6.1.4 and it did not install. No errors, it just did not show in Mapsoures.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I Upgraded to 6.1.4 a couple of weeks ago and was forced to uninstall all the maps (Topo, MetroGuide...). It seems Garmin has made changes to ther progam. I need to see what has to b modified.

I just tried installing my 104 version into Mapsource 6.1.4 and it did not install. No errors, it just did not show in Mapsoures.
I believe only numbers can be used for product codes in Mapsource 6.14.1. Your map shows up in the registry with a product code REVED104 and does not display in Mapsource. I compiled a new preview image with product code 69 using your 77777777.img file and it worked fine in 6.14.1.

Probably an even better way to handle maps in Mapsource 6.14.1 would be to create mapsets under Families instead of Products. In Families you always use 1 as a product code and then a unique FID number.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I had that problem too after I installed Mapsource Version 6.14.1
In the end I reverted back to Version 6.13.7 and let all the smart ones figure it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have created a custom map making tutorial. This one uses Cypherman's Mapset Toolkit...a very nice front end for cGPSMapper...making it real easy to make and install maps into Mapsource. The zip file contains a video that plays in Windows Media Player showing how to make a transparent map from Garmin track files using GPSMapEdit, cGPSMapper and Mapset Toolkit. Also included is a READ_ME_FIRST.txt file that has step by step text instructions to follow along with the video.

Tutorial
The link did not work for me

21 - 29 of 29 Posts