Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Same size as last year and the back ground is that shinny silver ...with a lovely bright orange boarder and letters. It would fit in well with the colour scheme of a 74 Moto Ski ....pretty sad they won't let snowmobilers decide what we would want them to look like . Thats the goverment for ya
Want to buy about 500 of them ?? I do the permits for our club and would be glad to get rid of them all and the rest of the headaches that come with it . Just kiddin ..I love counting someone elses money

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured this year it would be like a wallpaper boarder that had to go around the centreline of the sled.

Wouldn't smaller be cheaper??

Not that I am griping about the price, I don't mind it at all for the trail system we have. I just don't like putting that ugly sticker on my new sled.

Plus I just like to complain!!!

DP

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Could be worse in Alberta, they rivet a license plate to your snowflap. The plate is the same as a vehicle plate. ???

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I'm with ya on that.I don't mind the price really.I mean
how much is a few rounds of golf???,about the same
price as a pass.I defiantely get my use out of the pass.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Cheaper ...these are printed by the goverment ..what would they care for cheaper .
Actually this brings up a good thought...the Provincial Goverment owns the trail passes right ? Yea trust me they do .... ,they print them , then give them to the ofsc to sell . My question would be who pays for the printing costs ? I have never heard any mention of the ofsc reimbursing the province for printing costs...ya figure the province is doing it out of the kindness of their heart ? Hmmm something to look into

And the word "ugly" doen't begin to describe the look of these passes

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Hi Indy,
Thanks for the info. Its a shame to put such an ugly lump on any sled, and we thought last years was bad, nice to see they even outdid themselves.
Rick.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by IndySKS@Oct 21 2002, 09:04 PM
I have never heard any mention of the ofsc reimbursing the province for printing costs...ya figure the province is doing it out of the kindness of their heart ? Hmmm something to look into

Indy, do I detect a touch of cynicism? :D

Thanks for the PDF. I'll read it to myself as a bedtime story. :D :D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Why don't they just burn the numbers into 4x8 sheet of plywood and make us put that on lol Hey Rev how big is the plate you have to put on?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
this year they are designed to cover the entire windshield. ;)

Just jokin actual measurements are 4"wideX 2 -7/8"high
They have an orange border with silver background should match the gade good.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
The silver doesn't copy or scan well does it :sly: :devil: :D :D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Absolutely nothing if that's what you ride I think seeing older sleds on the trails is cool last year we were on trails around Parry Sound and one of the trail wardens that checked us out was riding an early '80's citation and get this he said he liked it :D

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Well that is a pic of my trailpass and I have to say that they are quite ugly. They seem to be getting bigger every year. I hope they are dooing this so the S.T.O.P guys can see them as you drive by instead of stopping.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Originally posted by LadyK@Oct 22 2002, 02:45 PM
I hope they are dooing this so the S.T.O.P guys can see them as you drive by instead of stopping.
That would be the biggest plus, but I doubt it will happen.

Last year, I was stopped 3 times in one day, for a check of everything. Maybe if we paste a copy of our licence, registration and insurance to the windshield, then we can drive by.

Of course, we won't be able to see through our windshields.

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did something like that a few years ago.

I made colour copies of all my information and put it on a short tether inside my windshield

The OPP did not find it funny, they fined me on the spot.

I would have been better off having nothing with me, they fined me for producing a fake insurance slip. it was a $500 fine and a day in court.

I would have gotten a $73 fine if I had nothing.

I ended up winning in court but it was still an aggravation

I wouldn't recommend doing this!

DP

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I personally don't have a problem with having to stop and
show all the paperwork and such for the sled as it will get
some of the dinks who steal or purchase stolen sleds ???

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I don't really have a problem with it either, but it would be nice if they could keep a record of each person, and clear them quickly if they have already had a thorough going over recently.

I was tired and grumpy and wanted to get home and have a beer last year, when they stopped me for the third time. I was about 3km from my cottage, and there was a large group in front of us. Took atleast 1/2 hr to get through.

There just should be a faster way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts