Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the presant time I seem to bee having a brain fart, I pulled the secondary clutchoff on my wifes sled to to clean it and now what ever hole (A B or C) the spring is in their is about a eight to quater turn in the cluth be for the ramps( rubber part) make contact with the heilx is this normal??? the helix was so gumed up that when I pulled the snap ring the thing wouldnt even come out I had to pry it out , so after cleaning and lubeing it, It know slides in and out great ,I road it up and down the side yard a couple of times it seams to lounch off the line good so did I miss something ?? Or was it just that dirty..

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Yes, you do have to put some preload in when you put it back together. & yes sometimes when you take them apart they are really stuck. Did you put some anti-seize on the sliding surfaces of the shaft & bore?

Also, can you get a fish scale? Find out what the preload (in the 15 lb area) should be. Take the belt off the secondary & doo the following:

What I've been told is you place some emory cloth on the sliding half of the secondary, so that when you clamp a pair of vise grips on at the outer circumference, you don't mark the surface where the belt runs.

Attach the fish scale to the vise grip as close to the sec. as possible & pull. When the pulley half starts to move, check the reading on the scale. You may have to disassemble the secondary & change the spring hole combination to get the right preload.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did use antiseise . I didnt put any perload on it. thanks for the info
SWRules

1 - 3 of 3 Posts