Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the benefits to the open face helmet? Besides looking cool what good are they for? What about your nose does it freeze and if you have to wear more crap to cover it then thats more time to put it on and theres nothing more frustrating then your buddies taking off and your still trying to tighten your frozen D ring! Id like one whats the benefits? ;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
The benefit of an open face is that the visability is unbeleivable. Plus you are not blinded by the sun(tinted googles), and they weigh less. I myself wear just the no-fog and mx headband. If you are tired of D-rings, just order yourself a helmet quick release from just about any aftermarket shop. Cons, you have to very careful and cover any exposed skin. Full face have their cons too. VISABILITY. Plus with the mx, you look cool!!

just my .02

FZ700

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you purchase a quality sno-cross helmet, there should be included a breath deflector that protects most of the areas that wind can penetrate. I have an HJC CL-X4 with breath deflector included. I prefer this helmet over my heavy HJC airtech because of comfort as well as looks. Also, when purchasing an open-face helmet, look for the helmet to advertise "snow-cross" rather than "moto-cross" as the moto-cross helmets are better suited for very hot conditions and will definately not include a breath deflector or similar device. Oh and before I forget, you can get the best of both worlds if you purchase a 2 in 1 type of helmet. They can be converted back and forth.

Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts