Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a good deal on a 99 mach Z long track.Are they worth the extra rubber or is the standard track better on these sleds.Usually ride in SW Ontario,not a whole wack of snow but nice groomed trails.I'm sure with the long track you would have a nice holeshot.Thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would need more info before I form a opinion

long track how long? 159? 151? 144?

IS IT A 1 INCH TRACK MAYBE 2.25

HOW WAS IT CONVERTED LONGER RAILS?

MY GUESS IS ITS A 121 AND IS NOW A 136 WITH .75 TRACK?

ANY OTHER GUESSES???

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
In 99 the LT was a spring order only. 136 inch track with .88 lugs. Its gotta hook up better than my short track did.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would say it depends on your riding style and the type of trails you ride. A long track should take the long sweeping corner well but when you get into the tight stuff.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would say go for it. A lot of people are converting 121" sleds to 136" sleds for the better ride and traction. If you read the reports or talk to people who own Renegades they love them and can't tell the difference in cornering unless it is very tight. Besides with all the power a Mach Z puts out, more traction the better as well as better ride.

·
Registered
692 Posts
more track = more hook up if i had 2 sleds to choose from both being the exact same but one with the long track id take the long track!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was thinking along the same lines as a Renegade for riding.Lotsa people lovin them.Thanks folks.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Believe me, you will love the long track! #1 ride is MUCH better.
#2 the traction is MUCH better. #3 The handling is awsome as long as you use the Bolvin connectors with ACM nut tight.
This year I'am going to try the percision skis for a hopefully even better handler.
Put a 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 track under her and you better be holdi'n on tight! :inlove:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Traction must be way better!!!!!I saw a 96 mach z at a puddle jump a number of years ago,when other sleds were sinking this guy was getting on and off the gas and just toying with the short track guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts