Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine who owns a couple of used car dealerships was at an auction this morning the place was full of 97-99 OPP Sleds.

He doesn't know anything about sleds but he ended up buying 6 of them.(I think I had something to do with that)

Does anyone know what these machines would be, I am thinking probably a touring 500 liquid or something.

He also got me a 2 place Triton trailer for $200 Canadian.

DP

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I know the local RCMP in Steinbach got two 500 liquid cooled sleds last winter. I have no idea what make they were though.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
If the OPP are anything like the RCMP here in Manitoba than they could be riding just about anything. I seen RCMP last winter patroling on two old John Deeres ( no seriously ). I also know that there was an RCMP officer using an XC 700 two years ago around Lundar Manitoba. Apparently the dealership out there lends out sleds to the cops to patrol in the winter and PWC's in the summer for the lake. If I remember correctly the RCMP in Selkirk have an older Formula. Then again I was also told that they have also been using some of the stolen sleds they have confiscated. One guy claimed they had a T-Cat but it turned out to be a ZRT 600. So who knows. You said he baught six of them. How can you buy six sleds and not know what you baught. Sled head or not. Get over to his place and take some pics.

·
Registered
900 Posts
for those years most of the opp sleds were grand touring 500's but im not sure if they were l/c or f/c. For 2000/2001 they went to zl 600's in some areas. not sure about this year.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I just bought a new (used) sled for my daughter; '97 Form S 380 fan. The dealer had to pull the o.p.p. stickers off of it; apparently he leases sleds to them every year.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Last season the Peterboro OPP used 500 Fan ZX chassis sleds (Touring, Legend)? :withstupid:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts