Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '00 ZR 600 EFI.  Last night while getting ready for a trip this Friday, I noticed that the drive clutch has an orange residue on the inside surfaces.  It appears to be like a dry rust color powder that is coming from the weights area.  It is heavier on two of the three weights.  What could this be? Should I do something about, if so what?  Does the clutch weight mechanism need some lubrication (WD-40)?  I am planning on servicing both clutches over the summer months, should I wait till then?  Oh yeah, I have about 800 miles on the sled.

Thanks

Maxwell

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Dont worry about it....If you have access to an air compressor than just blow them out every once in a while.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I fogot to say DONT spray oil on the clutch because at 8000rpm it will spray everywhere and probably get all over your belt and cause slipping

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have the same sled and have noticed that stuff too. I have never bothered with it and never had any problems either. Just like sled head says if you have access to a air compresser blow the #### away.

·
Registered
741 Posts
As sled-head stated do not spray any oil onto the clutche. I only acts as a dirt magnet (belt dust) and attratcs all the crap and make it a gunky mess. Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts