Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

They are of my son and a friend of ours playing in our local powder playground.
The helmets hide the permagrins but let me assure you they are still on our faces. :christmas:

Enjoy. We did.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Oh wow Jeff ! Those pics are awesome, It looks like some great conditions for a blast ! Pooof! Pooof ! Now that is some fun riding. Thanks for sharing !

Snow4

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Looks Awsome!!

I take it the boy got his REV back together? Did you ever figure out why it locked up?

·
Registered
338 Posts
:lol: :tongue: :thumbsup: :lmao:
AWESOME.. I wish I could ride this weekend... we have some great powder in the mountians but I already commited to work. :dazed: :cussing:
Oh well

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Hey jeef di you guys go out west :D

with those drifts,you would think so

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, you'd think so wouldn't you Freezie.
It's our little best kept secret. (Not really, it's right next to our trail. LOL)

Thumbdoctor figured that with the problems he had starting it he washed any oil off the piston and cylinder wall. Then when he got it going and his buddies took off hell bent for leather, he ran her way too hard before letting it warm up in trying to catch them and keeping up to them.
So yes it was a cold seize combined with lack of oil coating the metal.

We put in a new jug and piston and noticed that the oil pump lever had a bit of play in it.
We tested it and it was pumping very well but with the lever having some play, it was obviously showing signs of wear, so out it came. At $352 to replace, it was pricey but still cheaper than starving it for oil.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Jeff, how do you mean the pump had play in it. Just asking so I know what to check on mine. Does his seem to use a lot of oil?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeff, how do you mean the pump had play in it. Just asking so I know what to check on mine. Does his seem to use a lot of oil?[/b]
When I say the lever had play in it, I mean that the lever travels through it's normal arc around the shaft where it attaches. It's supposed to do that. But if you take hold of the lever and wiggle it around, back and forth, outside of that normal travel and it moves, that means the shaft is worn and could cause it to stick. It still pumped oil and lots of it. It was just a situation where we had it out and we had a new one there that has absolutely no play in it. Since winter is so short, and we didn't want to take any chances with it failing, we put the new one in.

His sled doesn't appear to be using too much or too little oil.
I hope this helps and I especially hope I'm not sending you or anyone else on a wild goose chase.
That pump may have lasted for another season or two. I'm keeping it for my spare parts shelf. It's just the way I handle sled maintenance. The season is too short to take chances on down time. If I'm going over the sled and find something that is showing the least signs of wear, I replace it so that it doesn't cause any down time when the snow is on the ground.

Jeff

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
How do you shrink your pictures so they will post? I have several of my trip but pictures are too large to post.
Thanks
Richard

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do you shrink your pictures so they will post? I have several of my trip but pictures are too large to post.
Thanks
Richard[/b]
I use a photoshop program, usually ACDSee, and resize them to 750 X 500 (somewhere between 150 & 300 Kbytes) and then you should be good to go.

Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts