Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 01 800x with the h.c's. i have tried adding weight to the tip to lower my peak rpm and also dropping my secondary to 16 lbs with the beige spring, but i am still over reving? why?also my clutches seem to be getiing rather hot. any suggestions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have struggled with this sled for two years and Big John gave me this set-up and my sled stopped the over rev.

White spring at 19 lbs. (b-3)
160-290 or 160-270 primary
straight 50 helix
Dayco 2 belt
pin weight 18 0r 19
clicker 3
27 tooth gear

This is by far the best set-up I have tried so far.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Your clutches are hot indicates belt slippage. How hot?

What is your setup and how much tip weight did you add?
Also try adding to the mid.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4.3heel,11.4 mid and tip is either 7 or 8. the clutches are hotter when comparing them to another 8oo i was with. you really couldn't hold your hand on them for more then 2 or 3 seconds. when i would stop and let it cool ,it seemed like it pulled allot harder?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
DO yo have the proper helix for the HC's? If you do, you seem to have the 2ndary a little tight. I run mine 13-14lbs.

You should be 48/42. And in A1 or B1.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mxz800, would that cause my clutches to heat up if my secondary was to tight. it is at 16lbs right now. wouldn't that cause it to fall on it's face shifting out to quickly

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
If you are running the wrong helix, you could create too much heat. I noticed runing a 27 tooth gear that I have allot more belt temp. Clutch alignment makes a difference when it comes to temp also. Alignment also will effect the shift out. Mine was over-reving unitl I got the alignment spot on. Keep things relative though, we need some #s for the temp, it will have some degree of heat no matter what.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts