Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of last year, my last ride out, the machine overheated after ten m inutes of riding or so. Actually just the warning light came on, so I checked the oil, but the level was fine. I let the machine rest for 5 minutes or so and then started out and it was fine but then the light came on again.

Some slednecks with simliar machines told me the warning light came bc it wasn't cold enuff and the snow was packed hard, so the sled was not kicking up enuff snow to cool some pipe under the track.

What they did was they relocated this pipe out from the rear machine or something.

Anyone know about this and how much it would cost to modify this????

TIA,

Jamie

·
Registered
496 Posts
They added a rear heat exchanger. I think they still use the SRX one. It use to be $50 . Some say the coolant isnt right but IMO its just low snow conditions. Also a good thing to have is the ice scratchers , you snap them down on hardpack or wind blown lakes . They send up ice spray , helps with the slides and side coolers .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They added a rear heat exchanger. I think they still use the SRX one. It use to be $50 . Some say the coolant isnt right but IMO its just low snow conditions. Also a good thing to have is the ice scratchers , you snap them down on hardpack or wind blown lakes . They send up ice spray , helps with the slides and side coolers .[/b]
Hi thanks for your insight,

Where can I find a heat exchanger and should I let a dealer do this or is there intsructions that come with purchase? And where do I buy ice scratchers?

Thanks man,

J

·
Registered
496 Posts
For the heat exchanger you can get it at the dealer and I'm sure they would be happy to put it on for enough money.

NEW & IMPROVED - Now 100% Stainless Steel Scratchers
RUN COOLER & SAVE YOUR HIFAXES!!!

You can get them at Mountainperformance.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts