Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:withstupid:I`m planning to buy a pantera 600 efi,   I was wondering if anyone had the 02 modle and what they think of it.Is their any motor problem  i can expect.OR how they ride or how fast they go and gas mileage per tank of gas.

thank`s for any advice

·
Registered
308 Posts
don;t know about the 600  I would assume it will do better than 85 mph  My 2001 550 panther does and the sleds are about the same they increase the hp and call it a pantera .  I rode the same trails as the new rev this winter and the rev was looking for fuel and I still had 1/2 a tank left  it was the same with the 600 ski doos that were with.   hope that helps

·
Registered
46 Posts
I own a 2002 Pantera 600EFI, with power valves.  I can go at least 90MPH but did not go beyond that yet. I still had throttle.  The gas mileage is good; 13-15 MPG.  Very comfortable to ride. Have had problems with the power valves gumming up. I have been using the recommended Arctic Cat APV oil but based on info I have received here this oil had its share of problems last year.  Will be switching next season.  

Other than a few minor problems, I am very happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a '02 Pantera 600 efi. I've put 1200 mi on it this winter with no mechanical problems at all. It did take some time to get the suspension dialed in. The set up from the dealership was "loose" I had to tighten the limiter straps on the skid frame to keep the skis on the ground. I run Blue Marble 2 cycle oil and have not had any problems with the power valves sticking.
I always seem to have a passanger(my son) & still get about 13-15 mpg.
On our lake using a gps top speed was 90 mph which is plenty fast enough for me!
Would I buy another one ? Without a doubt!
The only change to the sled I would make is make it easier to engage the overload springs for 2-up riding.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Pwhipple  change the spark plug socket that came with the tool kit to a 3/8 drive 13/16 socket and carry a 3/8 drive ratchet or breaker  It will make  it  easy to turn.  
How far did you have to adjust your limiter straps?   I have mine almost all the way up and when I have a passenger I still have to slow down to make turns.   The ride is phnominal when I have someone else on the back and the helper springs engaged.  
One other thing that helps keep the skis down is ajusting the front springs on the shocks.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 2000 Pantera 580EFI with over 3000 miles on it and have had no problems with the sled at all. I did put heaver spring's in the rear to keep from bottoming out on rough trails (heavy rear passenger - wife) and I changed out the plastic rear spring adjuster with aluminum for the plastic can strip. I know you have more engine in the 2003's but we were able to get 100mph plus on ice.

Paul

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
snow cat-i've got a 2001 pantera 580 efi.it's the most comfortable sled you'd ever want to own.the guys are right-85 to 90 for top speed.i also think that it rides better with 2 people than 1,the only thing that i don't like is that i had to get a 12 foot trailer so that it didn't hang over the end by 6".the efi is awsome-and have had no problems with this sled at all.be a buyer and be happy.you will be.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I have an 02' Pantera 550. I rode a friends in old forge and did not see a major difference. My carb 550 could keep up with the 600 and the top speed is close. hit 90 on my dial on stillwater road. As far as the machine is considered i am very impressed with the chassis and suspension. i agree the suspension is hard to get adjusted to you and the only thing about riding two up is the ski lift in the turns. I was considering weighting down the front a little. I did not think the EFI was worth the extra $1k but then again i have had carb sleds for years and i am used to taking care of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts