Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I order a new pantera 600 efi 2003 .I paid 11500 plus $500 of free stuff and a year`s extra warranty.This is all in canadain fund`s.so is this a good deal or average or is this a bad deal.The price already got all the taxes included.Thank`s for any info it is to late for me now but i would like to know.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'm not sure but Last year  they were around $6000 U.S. about $6500 out the door I believe.
Caleb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do yourself a favor.  Before you take delivery of your new pantera, take one spin on a four stroker and see and feel the difference.  It will amaze you.  You will be impressed and you will find that the smooth start and quiet running is something that is unique in the world of usual smoke noise and gas hogged world of snowmobiling.  I bought 2 machines last year thinking that a mere 65 hp machine couldn't possible do what I needed it to do for me.

I can tell you the 4 stroke was the machine of choice over the 600 efi esr.  I rode like a gold wing and was a super work horse moves well at low rpm and aside from any neck breaking speeds over 60 mph, this machine blows away the competition.  Plowed well thru powder and you can go all day long on 1/2 tank of gas.  

When you get off the machine, it is nice to not smell like an oil can too.  Virtually no vibration, room to put gear if you want to haul anything besides your butt, and ran flawlessly even in subzero temps.

Can you tell I was impressed?  I am dumping my zl600 efi esr with 100 miles on it and picking up another one for next year.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and just try it.  If you need 100 mph, forget it but if you like trail riding at 55 mph or less, this is got to be the way to go.  Also since it is not a throw-away at 4,500 miles, should last well into the 50,000 mile range....man I can't say enough about it, but one ride will convince you...of this I am sure.

smoke-less-1

·
Registered
46 Posts
Smoke-Less-1,
Did you have any problem last winter with the Temp Gauge rubbing on the intake manifold?. My wife did on her 4Stroke and rubbed to the point that it almost rubbed a hole in the intake manifold and that would have not been good.
The real problem came when Arctic Cat did not want to fix it, but after 3 months and a lot of phone calls they have agreed to replace all damaged parts including the hood. The parts have yet to arrive but I'm hopeful they will make it for before next winter.
Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Paul

I have had no such trouble.  My machine is clean under the hood, and the cables are routed close but away from the manifold.  Only trouble I had was that the rubber air hose connection was cut too short to bridge the connection and I had to take original one off and put on one which was about an inch or two longer.  When engine torks it tended to pull away, but I fixed that as soon as I discovered it.  Otherwise it has been a wonderful ride.  I can't believe the mileage it gets either.  Everyone else is stopping and pumping and I go right by the fuel-ups.  My friends thunder cat sucks the juice up over the same terrain but I just keep going and going like the ever-ready bunny.  I thought the gauge was bad, but checking the gas tank, you can see the gas so it was telling the truth.  Everyone who rode it was impressed, but of course the guy with the thundercat who says he likes the speed.  Seems only once he actually blew past me the rest of the time he was happy riding behind while I plowed a fresh trail.

Keep me posted on the troubles with the cable routing, and I will keep you posted to any other troubles I might have.  But honestly, I will be dumping my  2002 zl 600 efi esr and buying another as soon as I can because I like my 4 stroker so much.

BC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts