Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and picked up the Pantera from service... The 108 woodys look great but they are all in the middle? any thoughts on that... I picked up some extra clips for those screen kits that never seem to stay in... dealer told me to throw some silicone on them before i clip them in... sounds like a good idea. Turns out the exhaust gaskets were leaking so they replaced them... gotta love the warranty. they also fixed the pesky ignition problem and the upper carrier bolt... she is ready for action now... heheh. Now I have to get stud mats... it never ends $$$$ but the buck aint stopping at winter

·
Registered
79 Posts
you should be happy with the studs up the center.both of my sleds have it.they clam less tear out.can't say i had tear out when the studs where on the out side either.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see studs up the middle on alot of touring machines... I rarelu have seen them on high performance though

·
Registered
533 Posts
Too make things simple,
Studs in the middle are for traction, studs on the sides are for steering. Therefore most touring sleds only have studs in the center, however studding the sides will help you in you are an aggressive rider.

just my 2c

newf

·
Registered
310 Posts
its usually the other way around. up the center on perf. sleds, in and outside on touring. or at least thats the way ive seen it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
your sled has a cool name :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts