Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday it was not that cold here at 6-7c but there was a few {very very few} snowflakes that fell. today i spoke to a friend snowed in at kenora, this is the season for sure to own a sled. the season has been setting up since the spring and it is going to be the winter to park the sled trailer and ride that sled. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Man I hope you guys are right. It looks as if it is settin up really nicely. Even have some snow in the forcast for down here later in the week. Just needs to get cold. And Stay cold. :hallo3:

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a year ago almost to the same date i was in kenora and there was a warm breeze coming off the lake, it was late at night we were coming out of caseys restaurant. things are differernt this year. ;) :0:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
They're even predicting snow down by us this week...

·
Registered
392 Posts
All I heard about this time last year was how we were supposed to get a "real bad", "old fashioned" winter. Sled sales were crazy. Then winter sucked.

My fingers are crossed, but I'm not holding my breath yet.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
The "experts" say the kiddies may have flurries during trick or treating in the Toronto area :devil: :hallo1: :hallo4: :hallo5: :hallo7: :hallo8:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I just came back from western Maine and the higher mountain tops are white, a good sign for this time of year.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
So far this winter is starting early--we've had below average temps for a month. And it seems like we've had flurries every day for 2 weeks. Had half inch last night and this morning. Beautiful!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Woke up this morning to 2" of snow on the ground. The girls wanted to go out and make snow angels and snow-women. Once again I don't have a digital camera to take pictures with so I'll post when the prints come back. I had to make an orange snowman for halloween. All that was at 11:00am and now at 4:00pm all the snow has melted.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Originally posted by ZR Sled Head@Oct 28 2002, 02:50 PM
I've got my fingers, toes and BLEEPS crossed
That's pretty talented :p

I hope you guys are right.

FishHog

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I was just checking out the weather channel website. They're even calling for upper 30's for lows around MY place by Friday!!! BRING IT ON!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
886 Posts
If anyone knows a Native American dance to bring on a big winter let me know and I'll do it every day. I'm PRAYING we have some serious snowfall in Michigan this year, like when I was a kid. What ever happened to consistent 12" snowfalls?

·
Registered
959 Posts
the greenies got their say about "global warming" and all that crock of stew.... personally i dont think 1 degree isent gonna do anything so what 18 degrees not 17 big deal its somthinething with the way the jetstream is they will come back just takes time its mother natures way of letting the canadians have their fun first :blahblah:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I heard last winter that throughout history ice ages occur around every 10,000 years. I also heard it has roughly been 10,000 years since the last one ended.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Originally posted by 2tone800X@Oct 29 2002, 01:50 PM
I heard last winter that throughout history ice ages occur around every 10,000 years. I also heard it has roughly been 10,000 years since the last one ended.
I think you heard wrong. If you look at the temperature pattern of the earth, it is oscilatory. It goes up and down. We're now just approaching the beginning of another temperature rise. This is the "global warming" that all the tree hugger idiots are screaming about us causing by all of our carbon dioxide and other satanistic chemicals of doom. The fact is, 3/4 of 1 degree rise per century is well within what is expected as part of this completely normal rise in temps.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts