Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am cleaning the raves for the first time on the 02 mxz800 gade and need the part number for the bellows spring. Does anyone know it, or a web site that has the numbers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Permafrost,
Try ronnies.com they have a microfiche for all ski-doo sleds
Godd luck,
Jemms

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
If Ronnies doesn't work, try

Online Microfiche

Why, did you break one, or are you just replacing. I've always reused mine, with no problems.

FishHog

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanxs for the links guys.

fishhog this is new too me as usually I sell them. I cant have the Lady complaining trailside about sticky valves,lol. I read the article on SW in the tech section from Bartman. He says to replace the wire wrap with i what i think is the spring clip pt# 420838253.

It says in the microfiche to use Molykote 111 on the bellows. Has anyone used this, is it necessary??

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
To be completely honest Permafrost, I've never even taken the bellows off.

This is how I do it, refer to the below pic. (by the way, I just noticed that the link I gave you only goes to 2000, sorry about that)

1. Remove clip #15, and the cover and spring.
2. Pull off the tie wrap #11 (these can be reused if you want, or use new ones)
3. Unscrew the Exhaust Valve Cap #10, it will pull off the bellows
4. Then take out the two allen screws #7. this will allow you to remove the Valve housing #6. I leave the bellows attached to this, as its easy to clean as a complete unit.
5. Remove the gasket #5 carefully. You can reuse this if its still in good shape. I replace 1/yr, unless I tear one.
6. Pull out the valve #3, this can be hard if they are stuck. Soaking with carb cleaner will soften them up.
7. Clean everything (I use a wire wheel for the valves), and carb cleaner for everything else. Scothbrite pads work well also.
8. Put everything back together. (make sure you watch the small hole at the bottom of the valve housing, it must line up with the one on the gasket. Also make sure the valve is put in with the this side up facing up).

Thats it. Takes 10-15min per valve, but most of that is getting the valve out, and cleaning everything. The only parts I have ever replaced are the tie wraps and the gaskets. Check the bellows, to make sure they are in good shape, or they might need to be replaced.

Hope that helps, I'm sure you knew most of it, but I thought I would put in the detail anyway.

FishHog

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts