Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had the part # for the adjusting collar for the front HPG shocks. It's the one on top of the shock that you turn by hand to adjust the spring tension. It's for a 2001 mxz 700 Adrenline but I would like to find the plastic collars of a 2002.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it didn't break with the pipe wrench, the collars will not move. My dealer said to carefully cut them off. Ronnies only lists machines up to a 2000 I need the # for a plastic collar that used in 2002.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is it hard to remove the front shocks from the mxz's. I am going to atempt this tonight to see if my shockes need to be recharged.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
support the front end so the suspension hangs freely. remove the lower bolts. Pop out the black plugs under the hood to acess the bolt, remove it. It will take you longer to find the right socket and wrench. After my experiance i would highly recomend replacing the adjusting collars with the updated plastic from a 2002.

Flogers, the ski-doo dealer I go through is $15.00 in gas away. The other ski-doo 10 minutes away made me prepay to order a chain case drain plug. I don't trust the guy that looks up the parts, I've got the wrong parts before and lost ride time. I don't want to ask the other dealer for the part # and order them from the one in town. I thought maybe someone on here would have a parts manual that could reassure my that I would be getting the correct parts.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a collar for the 2001 zx shock $10 also I have a hpg shock for that year with less then 50 miles $75.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts