Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the rear arm HPG shock off an 97 FIII fit on my 97 MXZ? I think they are the same, but the part numbers are different.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed that is seems alot stiffer than the one I had (when it was working). What calibration are you talking about?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Rocketman: The compression and rebound rates will be different,Skidoo sets them for the application that most likely they will be used in, such as rough trails or lake running. Dino

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The mxz will have a stiffer shock on it compared to a f3.Same shock body and outer appearance but the f3 shock will be calibrated less stiff than a mxz shock.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The f3 shock will be calibrated to be softer in the compression but faster in the rebound.  That is a lake racer shock.  Your mxz shock will be calibrated harder and rebound slower giving riders more control in rough stuff.

On a lake bumps can cause serious problems and a stiff shock can dislodge a rider.  That is the reason compression is softer so that the rider and sled hardle feel it.  But rebound is faster allowing for a quick reset of the suspention system.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh well, its stiffer than the one I have, because that one's pooched. It'll do. Got it used for half the price of new, so can't complain.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No Paul...they are "disposable"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts