Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a new topic for ya  
Those of you out there that bought sleds with these skis, do you like the steering? I saw a lot of the tracks on the trails, but never had a chance to talk to any riders.

How much carbide do the runners have and what does a replacement set cost?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
The skis are fabulous.Hardly any darting,and cut the corners very well.My 02 700 came with 6" of total carbide.4"on the outside and 2" on the inside.Replacement runners are 90 bucks (U.S.)for the 6" set.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have them on my renegade and they are great I have 4800 km's on this sled and the runners still bite even on icy roads. Didn't price what runners would cost to replace yet. I think they are still good for at least another 1500 km's!

·
Registered
221 Posts
As the magazines state they are probably the best out there. Only thing I found on my 800X is that next year I am going to need picks in the track to allow the back end to keep up with the front. They are that good that Ski-Doo now apparently have conversion kits to allow them to be fitted on other brands of sleds!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
The precision ski's are awsome in the hard packed trails. Its like riding on a rail. As bobber said, thay stick way better than the rear does. The only problem that I have had, is they are way loose in the powder or loose snow (no keel to help steer). I sell the OEM carbides for 75 bucks for all 4. Bomby has a set of 1/2", 60 deg. carbides that are 4" on the inside and 6" on the out that I am going to try next year to see if they help any in the powder. They retail for $121. for the set.

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts