Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read this is an industry trade journal;

" Legislation has been presented in the state of Massachusetts that could outlaw all two-stroke
recreational vehicles, including PWC's, boats, motorcyles, and snowmobliles. The legislation
targets the sale of two stroke models, prohibiting anyone from selling any two stroke not
manufactured after June 1. Vehicles produced prior to the date could only be sold to individuals
for personal use, and not be resold, meaning dealers would be hard pressed to take any
two stroke model in on trade."

As of March 12, this was still pending, so maybe some of you east coasters can update us. It looks like they are not banning two stokes, just the ones you and I already own. I know, I know, your saying who rides sleds in Massachusetts, but if it passes there, would Vermont and Maine be far behind? Then the rest of the country? All I can say is, be careful who you vote for next time. :(

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
that would mean no more Skidoos sold in Mass :D

this legislation has been on going in mass for the past 3-4 yrs

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Think targeting a small group is misconceived, sounds more political than sensible.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i was wondering why extreme power sports had all of there used sleds out front with "make an offer" on them....but they sold a butt load of them......im kinda wondering if that has anything to do with it or they just need more room for inventory...hmmmmm

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Regarding Extreme, I saw that too. Wondered if those sleds weren't some of the ones they had on the show room floor with stupid high prices on them all winter - rather than new product that wasn't likely to sell well because of the late/poor season.

Regarding the legislation, I don't think it has a chance in .......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts