Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what injuries people have sustained will riding ? Ive been lucky only cracked some teeth jumping off a dam,dislocated my hip, damn pogo suspension ,and the occasional concusion. Some of my friends over the years have had some bad mishaps :0: One got a gash down to the bone standing behind a sled with the track up and spinning "not smart". One was following me over a hill ,good air and drifted to far and caught a tree ,broke his wrist. :doh: The other was much worse he played with a tree ! TREE 1 -FREIND - lost spleen, some intestine, bruised lungs and one moth vaction in a U.P. hospital. :thumbsup:

So tell us your pain :nervous: and please not to depressing I dont feel like crying :(

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
been lucky so far never hurt. :D
but i am healing from a broken collar bone and broken ribs.its been 10 weeks now and still cant lift anythng anbody break their collar bone how long did it take to heal i want too ski doo soon.:) oh and i broke my collar bone on a stupid .mountain bike going about 2 miles an hour ####in bikes. :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :devil:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Had a collision with a tree and won. Scuffed my shoulder portion of my jacket. The only injuy I've had was a torn ACL playing hockey, reconstructive surgery and 6 others to clean it out and remove cartilage and I still can't bend my leg all the way or straighten it out, and the arthritis is a S.O.B.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Have had the normal problems, hurt back, ect, last year my buddy and i were out ridding and he hit a triple jump and bite off the end of his tounge, the worst was we where out ridding a few years ago and came upon a few sleds, and a guy told ,me to watch the foot, i looked down and from just above the boot was part of a bone sticking out. enough said, i can count my lucky stars that nothing like that has happened to me before. and hopefully never will.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Only got bloddy knuckles up to now, that's by tightening those dam motor mounts at -25 and gapping points.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by ZIPPARS02mxz800sp@Nov 21 2002, 11:46 PM
been lucky so far never hurt. :D
but i am healing from a broken collar bone and broken ribs.its been 10 weeks now and still cant lift anythng anbody break their collar bone how long did it take to heal i want too ski doo soon.:) oh and i broke my collar bone on a stupid .mountain bike going about 2 miles an hour ####in bikes. :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :devil:
i been lucky no snowmobile related accidents

broke my colarbone 2 years ago when i hit a car head on wit a geo tracker. collarbone broke when i got thrown from the vehicle and caught the edge of the window frame i was only off work for 2 months but i don't think the doctors wanted me to go back yet.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mine's pretty minor compared to some. Back in the early '80's (some of you may remember when we used to get lots of snow), I was riding my El Tigre 5000 along a road, however, the level of the road was now about 15 feet higher. I was runnin' pretty good with my buds and all of a sudden, the level of the snow decided it wanted to go back down to the original level of the road. It did this because there were some trees near that area that caused the snow not to build up in that spot. So......I fell vertically about 15 feet to the ice covered road and I couldn't stop the inertia of my chin being planted on my handlebars. It hurt like a son-of-a-gun but I was more worried about the big bowl I was now in and how I'd get out. I eventually made it home and when I was taking off my face mask, it stuck to my chin because of all the frozen blood that was pooled on the lower part of my face. I had no idea that I'd even been cut, let alone a huge hole that I'd ripped in my chin. It's funny that things start to hurt once you know they're there :cussing:

So, my dad ended up taking me to the hospital where I got tatooed with a needle and string. Back then it was cool to have a battle scar like that to show all your friends. Now, it flat out sucks!

Jon

·
Registered
884 Posts
I think I might have you guys beat!!!!! 1998, hit a tree and it won. Punchured both Lungs and managed to fill them with blood, got a cuncusion obviously, and fractured 3 Vertebrate (sp). Spent 12 days in Intensive Care at the Traverse City, Michigan Hospital and was released after the 14th day. Definetly not something I want to do again. To top it all off, it happened the Wed. night before Thanksgiving, ruined my season from there. Didn't really hurt the T-Cat though, I took most of the Tree! :0: :nervous: :cussing:

·
1,327 Posts
It was actually a motorcycle accident.

130mph get off = 1 plate, 4 pins and 20 staple.

It's a damn good thing I'm a southpaw.

This is why I convert all my sleds to twist throttles,

It healed very well though and doesn't bother me at all unless I ride with a flipper throttle for more that an hour at a time.

With the twist I can ride all day.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I never had any accidents with a sled, but I broke quite a lot when I was "young and wild" and playing around with mopeds...

4 broken arms
2 broken fingers
2 broken legs
1 broken foot (plus another one where the doctors thought it was broken, but it actually wasn't)
1 broken toe

The last couple of years I've been taking it easy with breaking stuff.. But 2 weeks ago I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing, and got a meat knive thru my index finger... Maybe it needed stitching, but it was too much work to go to a doctor and all that crap ;) The pic is from a couple of days after "the incident"

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just remembered... I once dropped off my Mach Z while a friend was riding and I was passenger.... We went about 120km/h over water with a lot of ice rocks in it. He was afraid we would sink so he didn't dare to stop so he dragged me around for a couple 100 meters ;) Well I can tell you it hurt like hell at that moment.. But I didn't have any injuries at all.. Not even a hole in my clothes!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've broke my collar bone on my XL 600. Cut a birch tree in half on my ZR 440(thank god it was -25). Both where close calls when I was younger that smartened me up. Hopefully no more accidents! When I think back on some of the stupid stunts I've pulled... :doh:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
The list is just keeps on going. Nothing too serious thankfully but hurt none the less.
- blown out right knee
- 4 broken fingures
- torn tmj ( jaw joint tissue and muscle - no more cheap helmets )
- torn left rotator cuff twice ( second time I pushed the capsule right thru the tissue but not the skin.)
Then of course there is always the numerous sprains and strains that we tend to loose track of. When I was 16 none of these injuries would have hurt that bad. Once you hit 30 this crap sure hurts. I feel every injury every morning but none keeps me from riding.

·
Registered
278 Posts
;) Ok I will bite.

Right knee surg X 4 (Mountain bike)
T6 spine # (Motocross)
Head Inj (Motocross)
Open right leg # :nervous: (Mountain bike)
Blown a nut lifting my sled once :doh:

This one happen while I was working.
stabed just below the forth rib from some old lady who was out of her tree. Hurt just a little luckly for me it was just a pairing knife. :angry:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Cracked sternum coming off of a jump when the throttle stuck. I had to let the machine go, and when I landed, the chin piece of my helmet came down and hit me in the chest. I had a good 15 to 20 feet of air, so my ### hurt for the next week as well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts