Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a day! Sold my sled in a matter of 10 minutes, start to finish with no haggling at all. Then ran to the dealer with a wallet full of $100s and slapped it down on my shiny new Green ZR 900. :thumbsup: Total was $7200 out the door!! :0: They dropped prices BIG TIME on all the '03. An F7 is $6900, F5 is $6600, and several different 600 ZLs and ZRs for between $6300 and $6800. I'm telling ya, if you are looking for a new sled, the dealer in Grand FOrks just may be worth the drive!!
Anyway, PH is a happy camper! :D :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Major congrats PH!! It's always nice when things work out. Now, we want to see some pics as soon as you start to personalize it. BTW, did you sell it off the lemon lot?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Where is the pic at PH? Show us the new woman in your life. HAve you waxed her yet LOL?! You'll love it man, she's going to run way better than that 800. I've heard it's sprung softer than your cc though.
Caleb

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just be weary on the service you get...the price I was quoted in Crookston MN was 6999.00 for a 900. That may have changed since it was 2 months ago...Good luck with the 900. A better choice than the F7.

·
Registered
741 Posts
congrats PH. When do the mods start? LoL. I hope you like it. I got the black one, if they would have put a black pan and ski's on it it would have looked much better. I think too much green. I have a greent zrt with green hood and a zr seat (green/black) and I think it looks great. That of course is my opinion. Kevin

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Congrats buddy.... I am driving to grand forks now to get a new F5 hehehe

·
Registered
959 Posts
pics pics pics wheres the pics sounds great ph hope we get the snow this year to have fun in :hallo2: man i love these new smiles :D

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry it took awhile to reply, was out of town this weekend.
I haven't piced up the sled yet, so thats why no pics yet. I didn't get to the dealership on fri. until they were about to close, and the sales rep. for sleds was already gone for the day. I spoke with the sales rep for the tractors and he gave the paperwork to the sled salesman to check on the 0%interest 0 payments for 6 months. He called me Sat. morning and told me everything was good to go and had the sled reserved for me. I will go down there tomorrow to finalize and pic up the sled. They said they should have it ready in about 2 hours. :thumbsup: I don't have a digi. camera, but will try and borrow a friends and get some pics up tomorrow. I am thinking of putting on either orange screens, belly pan, and ski loops, or go with silver. Hard to decide w/o looking at it first. As for mods, I'm going to ask the mech. what all I can do w/o voiding the warranty. Most likely I will just do reeds, air box upgrade, clutching, and gear it down a tad maybe. Then next summer I'll get into the pipes, bigger carbs, boring, etc. ;)
I also would have prefered the black ZR, but the only thing they had was the green. I found one at another dealership that was black, but they wouldn't come close to matching the price, so I said screw it. I am more interested in the motor than the color....haha
Thanks again for the congrats. guys, pics coming soon. :D

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
One of the Mags did a great 172HP build up on the ZR900. Great place for you to start looking for mods.
Caleb

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was that the speedwerx setup? I read about a setup they have that put out around 170hp and 120ish torque. :0: Would be lots of fun!!hehe

·
Registered
285 Posts
Congrats man, had the dealers 02.5 out for an hour last winter, and it smoked my zr8---can you say torque!!!! :) Austin

·
Registered
741 Posts
PH, actually two mags had coverage on the build-up of these sled. One of them did a black magic kit which produced about 172 HP. The other was speedwerx which is what I am doing,all except the boring of the carbs at this time, I need to find a set of used carbs first, I always like to leave it so I can go back to stock. They said about 168HP. Kevin

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, shes in the garage. First impression when I sat on it while running, what a fricken rattle trap!!haha Now I know why everyone said the trips. were so smooth! Second impression, there is allot more compression on this bad boy when you try and turn it over! It feels like it pulls harder than 800 trip. on a cold morning with the first pull on the 900. It sure is a ####y looking sled though and my thumb is itching!!
Sorry no pics yet though. I couldn't get ahold of the guy with the digital camera, so tomorrow for sure.
THings done so far...I took off all the dealership decals and as many of those stinking warning labels as I could get off. I added orange screens, orange rope handle, green headlight cover, orange ski loops, snowmobile world decal, and a small AC decal for the windshield. Managed to put a whopping 0.4 miles on her when pulling it up to the trailer!haha
Whats the stock gearing on these babies anyway?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
PH, you can always paint that hood, but I guess your bellypan is green too, huh? Hopefully I will be painting my hood black w/in the next couple weeks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts